In this guide, we will show you how to add or resize widgets on Android devices. Widgets on Android devices always help users to quickly access certain services or apps. You can choose the widgets according to what services and apps you require and then customize your device’s home screen with by placing those widgets. You can arrange the widgets on your home screen depending on what apps you need quick access to. Apart from that, you can also group apps with the same functions to make space for widgets and make it easier for you to access those apps and services.
Widgets can be placed on the empty spaces on your device’s home screen where you usually place the apps of your choice. There are different types of widgets and some of those serve a specific function or are designed specifically for a single task, such as a widget for news feed or music players. There are many spaces in the home screen of your device or home screen windows where you can place your widgets. You can also customize your home screen according to the apps you need and the widgets that you place. Furthermore, you can also resize widgets on your home screen.
Add or Resize Widgets on Android Phones
First of all, let us take a look at the guide on how to add widgets on an Android device. Follow the steps that have been provided below and carry them out on your own device.
ALSO READ: How to turn off link sharing on Android
Add Widget on Your Android Device
- First up, press and hold on any free space on your device’s home screen.
- Then you will be able to see a horizontal list of options on the bottom of your screen.
- Among those options, tap on Widgets.
- Now you will enter the Widgets setting panel, where you will be able to see different widgets
- The widgets that are available are of different sizes and shapes.
- If you want to place a widget on any part of your home screen, you should make sure that there is enough space on the home screen to accommodate that widget.
- Then to add a widget on any area of your home screen, just press and hold the widget you want to place and then drag the widget by holding on to it.
- If you want to switch windows, you will need to drag the widget sideways.
- Then in the end, place the widget on the place that you want by just releasing your finger from the screen.
- Then if you want to place more widgets, you can repeat the process for other widgets.
- Further, you can also add apps to widgets by dragging them and dropping them onto the widgets.
How to Resize
If you want to adjust the widgets on your home screen, you can also resize them. But keep in mind that all widgets can not be resized. So follow the steps below:
- First, press and hold the widget that you want to resize, keep in mind that it must be placed on the home screen.
- Then you will be able to see resize points on all four sides of the widget.
- Now expand the widget or contract it as you want so that you can arrange it according to your requirements.
- Now confirm the size adjustment by tapping on any free space on your home screen once.
- With this, the widget will have changed it’s size.
So that was how you can add or resize widgets on Android phones. If you make use of a lot of apps on your home screen, adding widgets will make it easier for you to look for apps on your screen and navigate through it. Furthermore, using a widget, you will not always have to open a particular app to enjoy a service as you can directly access the app from the home screen, such as a music player or the Google search bar.
So that was it from our side on how to add or resize widgets on Android phones. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.