The wait is over, finally, Asus has started rolling out the stable Android 10 for Asus ROG Phone II which is an official update. After releasing the stable Android 10 update, Asus slowly released the Android 10 update for its latest devices. Now the company extends its range and added one more second-generation device which is Asus ROG Phone II. So if you are the users of Asus ROG Phone II and waiting for the official Android 10 update, then the wait is over.
By following our given below step by step guide you can easily download and install the stable Android 10 for Asus ROG Phone II official update. The most recent update comes with build id number 17.0210.2001.60 along with the latest January 2020 security update. The update brings lots of new features, customization, many improvements, bug fixes and so on. The Android 10 official update comes with adds Recommended action in advanced notification settings, change Wi-Fi icon design, adds advanced brightness settings to quick settings, system update support via Google Play, removes Go2Pay and much more.
Also, the update is packed with many improvements such as improved emergency calls, gestures navigation, system-wide dark theme, improves AuraSync lighting and so on. We share the official Changelog of the Asus ROG Phone II official update. Asus started rolling out the official firmware via OTA (over-the-air) in region wise. If you yet not receive the notification of the new update, then you can check first manually. For manually check regularly go to the Settings > System > System updates. If you do not find the new update, then still you install it manually by following our given below detailed guide.
Given below we share the full OTA file direct link for you, through that link you can download and install it on your device. After flashing this latest Android 10 update, you can get the experience and enjoy all the latest features on your own device.
The changelog for the Android 10 update for ROG Phone II:
- When rebooting the device after a system upgrade, the dark screen will last about 30 seconds, depending on data size, before startup animation. Please be patient.
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 9 by an official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Upgraded system to Android 10
- Support Google Play system update
- Removed Go2Pay and tags ability in Gallery
- Support more Aura system lighting scenarios when mounting Lighting Armor Case
- Added advanced settings to brightness bar on the Quick Settings panel
- Applied Call Exclusive mode system-wide. Removed the related setting from Armoury Crate
- Added a setting to change the style of power button menu
- Added fully gestural navigation in Display setting
- Support Android 10 Dark Theme
- Added “Suggested actions and replies” in notifications’ advanced setting
- No pinned notification when System lighting is turned on for Music
- Changed the add Wi-Fi network design
- Some 3rd party apps aren’t compatible with Android 10 yet
- The “Gestures on dark screen” will be turned off after system upgrade
This guide containing the Asus ROG Phone II Android 10 firmware update is working only with the ROG Phone II. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage that occurred to your Asus ROG Phone II during or after the installation process. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your ROG Phone II. In case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the ROG Phone II USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your ROG Phone II by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- Check the battery level of your ROG Phone II. It should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Install Stable Android 10 For Asus ROG Phone II Update:
1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
2: Download the Official Android 10 firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link. Rename it to ota.zip
3: Connect your ROG Phone II with your PC/laptop using its USB data cable.
4: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and also open command windows within the folder.
5: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
6: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
7: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
8: Finally, the installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the Asus ROG Phone II Android 10 update.