The stable official update Android 10 for Galaxy J6 is available for download. Recently Samsung started rolling out the official stable Android 10 update for Samsung Galaxy J6 variant. So if you are the users of Galaxy J6 smartphone and waiting for the Android 10 update, then now the wait is over. You can now download and install the stable Android 10 for the Galaxy J6 official OTA update.
The Android 10 update comes with build id number J600GUBU6CTC8 and V2.270 along with March 2020 security patch. Here in this article, we come with a simple step by step guide on how to download and install the stable Android 10 for Galaxy J6 official update. The Samsung Galaxy J6 is one of the best smartphones which comes with an Android Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie via official update.
The most recent update is a stable build that will smoothly run on your device. Also, the update brings enhanced system stability, increasing speed, battery timing and much more. Samsung started rolling out the official update via OTA and currently available in the Panama region. So if you are not in that region and have not received the official update, then still you can install it manually.
You can grab the OTA’s latest official update via the Frija tool. Once you download, you can flash the update by using the Odin flash tool. The Android 10 official update brings lots of new features such as Digital Wellbeing tools with parental controls, Location & Privacy Controls, system-wide dark mode, new navigation gestures and much more.
This guide containing the stable Android 10 firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy J6 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy J6 during or after the installation of stable Android 10. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy J6; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy J6 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy J6 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy J6 is rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for Stable Android 10:
- Install the Samsung members app from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “stable Android 10 on Galaxy J6”.
Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download stable Android 10 Firmware:
How To Install stable Android 10 For Galaxy J6 Official Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy J6 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy J6 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy J6. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy J6 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 for Galaxy J6. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.