Today we bring a detailed guide about the newly released Android 10 for LG G2 via Lineage OS 17 custom ROM. Nowadays, the Lineage OS team works hard and build the custom ROMs for most of the devices based on Android 10 OS. If you are the owner of LG G2 smartphone and looking for Android 10 OS your device, the wait is over. Now you can download and install Android 10 for LG G2 via Lineage OS 17 custom firmware. The LG G2 launched in 2013, and still, it is not in the list which received the official Android 10 update.
So the only way to get the experience of the latest version of Android is installing the Lineage OS 17 custom firmware. The ROM is packed with new innovative features, improved performance, improved user interface, and much more. Also, the Android 10 custom firmware comes with a lot of new features such as native theming functions, full support for screen gestures like iOS, system-wide dark mode, Smart reply, Family Link, Privacy controls, Location controls and so on.
If this is your first time, then by following our given below step by step guide, install the Android 10 for LG G2 via Lineage OS 17 custom ROM without any risk. To install the Lineage OS 17 custom firmware, your device should have unlocked bootloader, and the latest TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your device. The Lineage OS 17 ROM has some minor bugs related to VoLTE and recovery/GApps-related problems.
This guide containing the Lineage OS 17 Android 10 Custom ROM is working with the LG G2. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, or your device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any damage that occurred to your LG G2 during or after the installation of Lineage OS 17 ROM. Proceed at your risk.
- Make sure that the battery level of your LG G2 is at least about 80% before moving to the installation guide.
- Download and install proper USB Drivers for the LG G2 on PC.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper backup of your relevant data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on One Plus One from Settings > Developer Options.
Hint: you can enable Developer Options on LG G2 by tapping repeatedly, for 7 or 10 times, on Built Number – while tapping on this field you will get the ‘you are a developer’ message.
- Your phone should be rooted in the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
How To: Install Android 10 For LG G2 via Lineage OS 17 custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Lineage OS package based Android 10 build and Google Apps package for your LG G2 from the above links on the desktop of your PC.
Step 2: Turn OFF your LG G2 to boot into Recovery Mode.
Note: Wait while this shut down process is completed.
Step 3: Now, reboot recovery mode on your LG G2 by following the given steps.
- Powering OFF your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- While pressing the Volume Down key press and hold the Power button.
- Keep pressing these keys until the LG Logo is displayed.
- Release the Power button for a moment and then press it again.
- Keep pressing these buttons until the recovery mode is displayed on your LG G2.
Step 4: Once the device is boot into Recovery Mode, initiate a wipe from Recovery Menu by selecting “wipe data factory reset,” “wipe cache partition” and “wipe Dalvik cache.”
Step 5: Reboot your phone into Android mode.
Step 6: Connect your LG G2 with your computer using the USB cord.
Step 7: Transfer the downloaded firmware and Google Apps zipped files into the root folder of your SDcard of your phone.
Step 8: Remove the USB data cable and navigate to Recovery Mode again.
Step 9: Tap on Install and load the Android 10 firmware file and swipe to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Finally, install the Google Apps package by repeating the last step.
Step 11: Once the installation is finished successfully, from recovery, choose ‘reboot system now.’
Done! You have successfully installed the latest Android 10 LineageOS 17 Custom ROM on your LG G2.