Download and install Lineage OS 17 Gapps for Android 10 supported devices. Android 10 is the new version of Android OS, which is recently released by Google officially for some devices. After the stable version of the latest 10th generation of Android OS officially released, many developers are working hard to build the custom ROMs. Lineage OS is the most popular and provides stable custom ROMs for most of the Android devices. After the release of Android 10 OS, Lineage OS developers have also started developing Android 10 based Custom ROMs, known as LineageOS 17.
You may already know that the preloaded Google Apps package does not come with most of the custom ROMs. So if you are the fan of Lineage OS custom ROM and plan to install the latest Lineage OS 17 custom firmware, then after installing the custom ROM, you must install Lineage OS 17 Gapps for supported devices. As we all know that Android is an open-source OS platform; it can be easily customize. If you want to get the full features of Android OS and user interface, then install the Lineage OS 17 Gapps for supported devices.
After installing a custom ROM, you need to manually install the Gapps on your device via custom recovery. Here in this article, we come with a step-by-step guide on how to download and install Lineage OS 17 Gapps for supported devices.
The Gapps is also known as Google Applications, which are Stock Google Apps, framework, Google Play Services, Photos, Music, Google search, and much more. After installing the custom ROM, if your phone is already running on these apps, then you don’t need to install the Gapps manually. If you wish to download and install Lineage OS 17 Gapps for supported devices, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
- The latest version of a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM should already installed on your device.
- Create a complete backup of all your essential data on your device.
- The battery level of your device should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Download Lineage OS 17 Gapps:
Steps: How To Install Lineage OS 17 Gapps
These are the instructions to install Gapps on Android devices.
- First of all, download the correct Gapps package on the desktop of your PC.
- Copy/paste the Gapps package into the root folder of the internal storage of your Android device.
- Next, power OFF your phone to boot into the TWRP/CWM/Philz recovery on your device using the hardware keys combinations or any 3rd party app.
- While your device is now in recovery mode, go to the main recovery menu, select Install. Choose the Gapps package that you have already downloaded and transferred to the internal storage of your device.
- Finally, flash the selected Gapps zipped file on your phone.
- Restart the device after flashing completes.
Done! You’ve successfully installed Gapps for Lineage OS on your Android device.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have trouble while installing Gapps on your phone.