Google has officially announced Android 12, the company’s latest and twelfth major version of the mobile operating system. The company confirmed that the operating system is being released in beta form. The new operating system brings several features to improve user privacy and security.
You will find this article useful if you want to know how you can get Android 12 Beta download and installation instructions for Galaxy devices. Google is also adding new features to ensure that older devices can run on this new version.
The new design creates a cleaner, more intuitive interface with less clutter. The new Dark Mode in Android 12 will be able to adapt the color scheme of the UI to what it’s like outside, so you can use your phone or tablet without sacrificing the quality of your viewing experience.
The new home screen will also provide you with shortcuts directly on the home screen for most-used apps and widgets. Users can access their favorite features easily without accessing multiple screens or menus.
Pixel phones have been rolled out with Android 12 already, while Samsung is still testing beta versions of its UI. Our guide has a step-by-step guide how you can get Android 12 Beta download on your Samsung Galaxy.
Android 12 Beta Download and Installation on Samsung Galaxy
Samsung offers an easier way for users to participate in Beta testing by not requiring flashing a full ROM manually. They are the only OEM that offers this service to Galaxy devices.
Samsung Android 12 One UI 4 Beta program has been around for a while now, but only for Samsung Galaxy users. But now it’s available for other Android phones too. To get android 12 beta download on your eligible Galaxy phone, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Samsung Members app
- Download Members from Google Play or Galaxy Store if you don’t already have it.
- A carousel of cards will appear when the app is opened, where you can find an advertisement for One UI Beta Program.
- A notice board will also feature one of the One UI Beta Program banners.
- To register, tap on the registration button after tapping the card.
- Before registering, read the One UI Beta terms and conditions.
- Once you’ve done that, click on the Enroll button.
- Samsung will send out Android 12 One UI 4 Beta by OTA within 5-10 minutes.
Steps to Install Samsung Android 12 Beta
You will receive an email notification after registering for the One UI Beta Program. When you have not received a push notification from Android 12, you can get android 12 beta download by going to Settings, selecting Software updates, and waiting for a while.
Samsung Android 12 Beta Download: Eligible Devices
As of December, Samsung Galaxy S10 users can participate in the Android 12 Beta Download.
- Galaxy S21— Available now
- Galaxy S21+— Available now
- Galaxy S21 Ultra— Available now
- Galaxy S20 — Beta available now
- Galaxy S20+ — Beta available now
- Galaxy S20 Ultra — Beta available now
- Galaxy S20 FE
- Galaxy S10 — Beta available now
- Galaxy S10e — Beta available now
- Galaxy S10+ — Beta available now
- Galaxy S10 5G — Beta available now
Seven nations around the globe will be participating in testing for Android 12, including the US, India, South Korea, Germany, Poland, the UK, and China.
What makes One UI 4 different from One UI 3?
Each new version of One UI seems to offer a little more promise when giving users everything that Android 12 has to offer. One UI 4 offers Mobile Dynamic Color on the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, similar to Android 12’s Dynamic Color.
A color theme adds dynamic color to the UI of Galaxy devices, giving them an overall unity. Users can change the color theme by going to Wallpaper > Color Theme.
The video calling feature in One UI 3 is limited and not very good. For example, if you want to change the background color on your call, you will need to be in a dark room, or else your caller won’t see it. This problem has been fixed in One UI 4, and now you can change the background of video calls whenever and wherever you please.
Many people are hesitant about allowing apps to use their precise location. One UI 4 allows users to decide which apps should be allowed access.