In this guide we will show you how to install Android 13 Developer preview 2 on Google Pixel devices. Recently, Google released the Android 13 developer preview for their newest Android firmware.
Now the Android 13 developer preview 2 is released by Google and it can be installed on Google Pixel devices. Android 13 will continue with many of the visual aspects of 12 along with several improvements. If you saw the first Android 13 developer preview and took a liking to it, you will definitely like the second developer preview too.
As you would already know, that this phase is just the start of the testing phase by Google. There is a long time until we get to see the stable version of Android 13 by Google. In this time, there will be a few beta phases as well.
But before you proceed with the installation of Android 13 developer preview 2 on Google Pixel, you need to know that these are the early stages of the development of Android 13, so the developer preview will be full of bugs. So it would be better to install the firmware on a secondary device and take a backup before proceeding.
Install Android 13 Developer Preview 2 on Google Pixel
There are various ways in which you can download and install Android 13 Developer preview 2, which include OTA Image, Factory Image and Android flash tool. But make sure that you have your device’s bootloader unlocked.
Users with a non-pixel Android device who want to install Android 13 Developer preview can install the Android 13 GSI after it is made available. Before you head into the installation steps, check out the pre-requisites below.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools folder or any other ADB or Fastboot drivers.
- Make sure that your device is charged up to at least 60%.
As we mentioned before, the process requires that you unlock your device’s bootloader. Once done, proceed with the steps given below:
- First head over to the Settings application on your device and then scroll down to About phone. Then tap on Build Number seven times so that you can enable Developer options.
- Now go to back to the main menu of the Settings app and then Developer Options and after that, enable USB Debugging to use ADB.
- Now you need to connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now open the Android Flash tool page and on the browser, you will be asked to provide permission so that it can make use of ADB.
- On the page, select ‘Add new device’, proceed to select your device and then click on Connect.
- When you get the pop-up, enable Debugging.
- Now on the browser, choose the connected device.
- Now you will be able to see a list of builds, from here you will need to select the Developer preview. Further, also select the option to ‘wipe data for clean flash’.
- Now click on the option to install and wait while the process completes.
- Remove your device after the installation completes and then you can use Android 13 developer 2 on Google Pixel.
So that was it from our side on how to install Android 13 Developer preview 2 on Google Pixel devices. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.