Oppo started rolling out the latest official beta update Android 10 for Oppo Reno smartphone. The Android 10 beta update is based on ColorOS 6 and now available for Oppo’s recently launched device. Google is the first who pushed out the stable Android 10 update for Goole pixels devices. After that, all are the OEMs are working on the Android 10 OS stable version. Some manufacturers have released their own stable Android 10 updates for their latest devices. Finally, Oppo has also joined the Android 10 OS platform and started rolling out the ColorOS 6 beta update Android 10 for Oppo Reno smartphone.
By following our given below step by step guide, you can easily download and install the most recent official beta update. So if you have the Oppo Reno phone, then now you can flash this latest update and get the experience of Android 10 OS. The most recent update comes with many new features and improvements such as system-wide dark mode, new sounds, themes, live captions, Smart Reply, Wallpapers, improved privacy options, and so on. Keep in mind that this is a beta update for testing purposes, the stable version will be released soon.
The Oppo Reno is one of the best smartphones from Oppo, which comes with a 6.4-inch AMOLED display. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core SoC along with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. The smartphone is packed with dual rear camera 48MP, and 5MP and the front camera is 16 MP. The Oppo Reno is running on ColorOS 6 based on Android Pie out of the box. If you wish to flash the official ColorOS 6 beta update Android 10 for Oppo Reno, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Here’s the complete changelog for ColorOS 6 based on Android 10:
- Display & Brightness
- Adds Dark Mode, a set of dark color schemes, delivers an all-new visual experience for you.
- Adds Screen-Off Clock options for personalizing your lock screen.
- Multi-Screen Interaction has been renamed Screen Cast, and user instructions have been added.
- Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
- Adds Brand new system animations, animations are more rich and exquisite.
- Adds Brand new charging animation to create a visually smoother experience.
- Tap a blank area on the Recent Tasks screen to go back to the Home screen.
- Optimized sounds to pair more naturally with the UI design.
- Adds Multi-screen interactive upgrades to screencast, new instructions for use, easy to master function points.
- Game Space
- Restyled the launch screen with vibrant animations and dazzling visuals.
- Adds SOS Helper: Emergency contacts will receive a call once you are in danger.
- Adds an Emergency Call button on the power off-screen.
- Adds Passwords function: Encrypt all app accounts and passwords you save to Passwords. Passwords will autofill this information when you sign in to your apps.
- Notification Bar
- Adds Hide Status Bar icons for silent notifications.
- Optimized the Quick Settings interface for smoother one-handed operation.
- Screen record
- Adds Screenrecord shortcut setting button, for fast and intuitive operation.
- Adds the Pause option in the screen record.
- Adds Support to original keep/delete the original image after editing the screenshot.
- Adds Screenshot sound On/Off option.
- New screenshot interaction: After taking a screenshot, swipe up and release to share it, or swipe down and release to take a long screenshot.
- Adds Calculator floating window mode, floating window transparency can be adjusted, the calculator interface is free to switch, the calculation is faster and more convenient.
- File Manager
- Adds a recent files list for you to easily browse newly added files.
- Adds new animations and restyled the layout in Weather.
- Adds Trim function in Recorder.
- Home Screen
- Adds Simple Mode for the Home screen. App icons are displayed larger, and the screen layout is simplified.
- Adds a series of new live wallpapers.
- Adds Desktop swipe down now can custom Settings for Notification Center or Global Search.
- tap Cloud
- Adds cloud services. Files and important data can be saved to the cloud for access on all devices.
- Cloud Service has been renamed HeyTap Service.
- Adds options to select where you want to display Dual Clock.
- A random MAC is provided for your phone when connected to Wi-Fi to block targeted ads and improve privacy protection.
- Adds a drawer in “Messages” that merges different functions and settings.
- Adds Contact support last name avatar display
- Optimized SIM card and data management.
- Optimized the Contacts interface for more conciseness and efficiency.
- Optimized the UI for you to easily set and use frequently used functions.
- Make a proper backup of all your relevant data before going ahead. In case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is about 70 to 80% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while flashing the firmware.
- Make Sure Oppo Reno USB Drivers are installed on your PC. Download Oppo USB Drivers On Windows or Mac.
How To Install Beta Update Android 10 for Oppo Reno Using QFIL Tool:
- First, download the QFIL tool and Extract it on your laptop / PC
- Open QFIL.exe.
- Once you enter the QFIL tool, you will see the basic user interface of the tool.
- Now, Switch Off your Smartphone or Tablet.
- After your Device is powered Off, Press and Hold Volume UP Key and Connect the Device to the Computer using USB Cable.
- Now, In QFIL, Click on Browse Button
- Now locate the Firmware File (.mbn).
- Once, you have added the firmware file, QFIL will automatically load the rest of the firmware data.
- Now, Click on the Download button to begin the Flashing Process.
- The flashing process will take up to 10-15 minutes to complete. Once the Flashing process is completed, your device will be reboot automatically.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 10 beta on the Oppo Reno update.
Source: ColorOS Community