In this guide, we will show you how to convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global firmware or firmware for any other region. The latest addition to the OnePlus lineup, the OnePlus 9 was released in March and was quick to catch the eye of Android enthusiasts.
The device comes with a lot of new features and improvements such as a better processor, improved display, greater refresh rate and a more powerful camera.
In addition to these impressive specs, the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro both come with Android 11 out of the box.
All of these do impress the users and the buyers, but the question that every one is asking is how to convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global firmware or to any firmware from any other region.
This is confusing for many users as they do not know how to do so. If you are also one of those users who find it difficult to convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global firmware or other firmware, then you are at the right place.
In this guide, we will show you the steps to do exactly that. Read on!
How to Convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 To Global or Other Firmware
Before we begin with the steps on how to convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global or other firmware, there a few things that you should take care of. Once you have checked and completed all of the requirements from below, only then you should get started with the steps.
- First of all, you should take a complete backup of your device so that you do not lose any of your important data.
- Once done, you should unlock your device’s bootloader and the SIM in your device.
- You should also enable USB debugging on your phone. For this, head over to Settings app on your phone, then to go About phone and then tap on the build number 7 times. Now head back to Settings and now go to System > Advanced > Developer Options and there, Enable USB debugging.
- Now before you head into the process to convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global or other firmware, you should make sure that you take a backup of the MODEMST1/2 and PERSIST partition IMG files for your phone. You should keep the backup on your PC or somewhere else to keep the files safe. You can easily do the backup using the Partition Backup and Restore app.
- After that, you will also need to download the Global firmware for OnePlus 9 from the link that is given later. After you have installed the Global Firmware version 18.104.22.168 onto your device, update the OxygenOS to the latest version by using the Oxygen Updater app.
- You also need to download Android SDK Platform tools on your PC.
If you use the EdXposed hide on Google Play Store or Google Play services, your device will get soft bricked. You can bring your device back to normal working condition by resetting it from the recovery.
Download the conversion package from the link below, credit for which goes to XDA developer Lomeli12.
After you have downloaded the conversion package from the link above, extract it to any convenient directory in your PC and then proceed to the instruction steps given below on how to convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global or other firmware.
Convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 To Global or Other Firmware
STEP 1: First of all, head over to the platform tools folder on your PC.
STEP 2: Next, type in cmd in the search bar and press Enter. With this, the command prompt will launch on your PC.
STEP 3: Now you need to connect your device to your PC by using a USB cable. You should have USB debugging enabled on your phone.
STEP 4: After that, boot your device into Fastboot mode by typing in the command below:
adb reboot bootloader
STEP 5: Now proceed to the folder in which you saved the conversion firmware for your OnePlus 9. There you will be able to see a file named ‘flash_all.bat’. Open it.
STEP 6: Once done, you are required to restart your device into recovery where you will have to wipe all data.
Keep in mind that it is an integral step which is required in order to convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global or other firmware.
STEP 7: Boot your device into the operating system after this. Then install the Oxygen Updater App so that you can update the global firmware to the latest version.
STEP 8: After that, open up the Settings app on your phone and proceed to the System section, where you have to go to the System updates page.
Now check if there is an update available for your software and if there is, update it.
STEP 9: Once the installation of the update is finished, reboot your OnePlus 9 into the operating system.
STEP 10: Then again, enable USB debugging on your device using the steps that we mentioned previously and then boot your device into the bootloader mode by typing in the command below:
adb reboot bootloader
STEP 11: Now you are required to proceed to the conversion package and from there, copy the NON-HLOS.bin which you need to transfer to the platform tools folder.
STEP 12: Finally, flash this modem file by typing the command mentioned below.
Keep in mind that you are supposed to enter this command in the cmd window that you opened in the platform tools folder.
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
STEP 13: Reboot your device back into the OS after the flashing is complete. You can do this by entering the command given below:
So that was how you can convert T-Mobile OnePlus 9 to global or other firmware.
One thing that you should remember is that when you install an OTA update the next time on your phone, you will have to install the NON-HLOS.bin modem using fastboot again. On this note, we conclude our guide. We hope that you found this guide helpful.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below.