Finally, we have a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 6. The XDA recognized Developer has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But most importantly we are not responsible for any damage if you have done etc. If you have decided to try, then do a complete backup of your data on the device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
After the huge success of OnePlus 5T .the company has finally launched its new successor version of OnePlus 6. With the launch of this phone company has stepped further with the design and build quality. The notch at the top of the edge-to-edge display and glass design in the back. OnePlus 6 features a 6.28-inch AMOLED display with 2280 X 1080 pixels resolution. OnePlus 6 camera section packs a really powerful 20 MP +16 MP vertical dual camera on the rear end. It also has a 16-MP front face camera. The camera has features like OIS, super slo-mo and portrait mode and runs on OxygenOS Android v81. Oreo. OnePlus 6 will also get Android P in the coming days.
In order to install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 6, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If this process is completed on your phone then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guidelines on how to upgrade but before this all we have to understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Lineage OS 16 is actually based upon the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration as well as a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to Android Oreo but some major ones including the gesture-based navigation system and other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and many other features.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware actually based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. And also along with the special official Android 9.0 features, Lineage OS 16 also brings plenty of features and customization options which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with excellent features.
By following these instructions you can easily download the Lineage OS on OnePlus 6T
- Supported: OnePlus 6 (enchilada)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download OnePlus USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Download the latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 6.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on OnePlus 6.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 6 (enchilada).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
I am very hopeful that this would be very helpful for you but we are not responsible at all if you have done something wrong with your cellphone. For queries, you can use the comment section below.