Here is how to download and install G950FXXU4CRL3 Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S8 [Germany]. Samsung is continuously not only releasing the latest Android Pie OS updates but also a security update for its smartphones. Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S8 users have already received One UI beta in Germany and now the December 2018 security patch is available for Galaxy S8. The December patch has already been released for the Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, and the Galaxy Note 8 in some markets.
Then new Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update comes with software version G950FXXU4CRL3 bringing improved security. Although, it’s not Android Pie that doesn’t make these updates any less important. The December 2018 security patch has fixes for about 40 vulnerabilities in Samsung’s software. One of the highlighted fixes is, allowing someone access to gallery pictures saved in Secure Folder without authentication.
Currently, this latest Android 8.0 Oreo December Security Patch is available for the Galaxy S8 and we expect that Galaxy S8+ users will also receive this patch soon.
- Model: SM-G950F
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0mm
- Display: 5.8” (146.5mm) Super AMOLED
- CPU: Exynos 8895
- Camera: 12 MP, Dual Pixel F1.7 OIS
If you have Galaxy S8 then navigate to check the OTA (over-the-air) notification. But in case you are from some other region then you can download and install this firmware manually. These updates normally don’t more bring than just the security patches.
Please keep in mind that this update is working on S8 units running on Android 8.0 Oreo, not the One UI (Android Pie) beta. This update brings fixes for 6 critical Android OS vulnerabilities and a lot of high-risk vulnerabilities. After upgrading your Galaxy S8, you’ll feel improvements in the overall Android experience. Follow the given guide to You can download G950FXXU4CRL3 Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S8 from below.
Keep in mind that G950FXXU4CRL3 is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S8. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install G950FXXU4CRL3 Android 8.0 Oreo December 2018 Security Patch.
This guide containing the G950FXXU4CRL3 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy S8 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
G950FXXU4CRL3 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware Details:
Model name: Galaxy S8
Version: Android 8.0.0
Build date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 03:10:44 +0000
Security Patch Level: 2018-12-01
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S8 during or after the installation of Android 8.0 Oreo. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S8, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S8 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S8 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download G950FXXU4CRL3 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S8 SM-G950F via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S8 SM-G950F via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If a new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Install G950FXXU4CRL3 December 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S8
1:– First, download G950FXXU4CRL3 Security Patch and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy S8 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S8 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S8. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S8 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy S8 SM-G950F
In case your Galaxy S8 SM-G950F stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follow the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install G950FXXU4CRL3 Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S8. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.