Today, we are going to share a detailed guide on how to Download Huawei Mate 9 B371 Android Oreo Firmware update. This latest Oreo firmware update brings improved system security and Google security patches as well. We have already shared about Mate 9 Oreo Firmware and now one more update is available for the Middle Eastern variant that comes with the latest Emotion UI 8.0 and Android 8.0 Oreo. You can find the direct links to download Huawei Mate 9 B371 Android Oreo Firmware below in this guide.
The latest B371 Android Oreo Firmware update is currently available for both MHA-L29 and MHA-L09 variants of Huawei Mate 9. You can easily install this Oreo update via OTA (over-the-air) but if for some reasons, you have missed the update then still it’s possible to flash it manually. Android Oreo B371 update comes with a build number MHA-L29C185B371 (126.96.36.1991) / MHA-L09C185B371 (188.8.131.521). So, its a good news for the Middle East users that they can now download Huawei Mate 9 B371 Android Oreo Firmware and flash it manually on their devices.
Here are some of the highlighted features of EMUI 8.0:
The latest update bring includes Android Oreo Features as well as:
- Floating Navigation Dock
- Home Screen Shortcuts
- Faster AI-based Optimizations deliver greater Stability
- Fluidity and Speed
- Enhanced Protection
- Lots of new Features and Settings
Mate 9 B371 Oreo update also brings various new features and bug fixes. If you want to download Huawei Mate 9 B371 Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware update, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
- Device – Huawei Mate 9
- Model – MHA-L29/MHA-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B371
- Build Number – MHA-L29C185B371 (184.108.40.2061)/MHA-L09C185B371 (220.127.116.111)
- Region – Middle-East
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- Changes – Changelog
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Huawei Mate 9 during or after installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Please note that the firmware file given in this guide is working only for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29/MHA-L09. Do not try to install it any other device or incorrect variants.
Check Popular Posts:
- Make a complete backup of all your important data before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for your Mate 9 on the PC.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Mate 9 first.
- Make sure that battery level of your phone is about 70 to 80%.
Download Huawei Mate 9 B371 Android Oreo Firmware
1) Download 18.104.22.1681 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29C185B371 –
2) Download 22.214.171.1241 Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L09C185B371 –
Steps to Install B371 Oreo Update On Huawei Mate 9:
Method 1:– Update Mate 9 to B371 Oreo using HWOTA Tool
1. First of all, download HWOTA_MHA.zip file for your device from the above links on the desktop of your PC.
Download the above 3 files and rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and “update_full_MHA-Lxx_hw_meafnaf” to update_all_hw.zip.
2. After downloading HWOTA_MHA.zip, extract it on your PC or your device SD Card.
3. Next, download all three update, data, and public files (make sure you rename the files as mentioned above). Transfer them to the SD card of your phone in HWOTA folder or if you are transferring to the PC then the path will be C:\..\HWOTA\update folder.
4. On your PC, run the update.bat file as an administrator. It will prompt you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
5. Connect your Mate 9 to the PC using its USB data cable.
6. Reboot your device into Bootloader mode. To do this press and hold “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader”. Then press any key to flash TWRP on your device.
7. After the TWRP installation completes, disconnect USB Cable. Power OFF your phone and using “Volume Up + Power” to enter into TWRP recovery.
8. While your device is in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on the PC.
9. If you have saved your files in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER. But if your files are in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and hit ENTER.
10. It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
11. That’s All!
These were the easy steps to download Huawei Mate 9 B371 Android Oreo Firmware. Let us know in the comments area below if you have queries or problems while following the above steps.