Download SamFirm Tool v0.3.9 to get the latest Samsung Stock firmware. Today, we’ll share a detailed guide that how to download latest stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy devices using SamFirm Tool. In various situations, we need to download and install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices. For example, if you are facing bugs or unexpected issues like a bootloop or bricked your device while rooting or installing a custom recovery/ROM, then SamFirm Tool is very handy to download the appropriate stock firmware.
We have already shared a guide on how to install stock firmware on Samsung devices using Odin. It’s easy to flash stock firmware using Odin but it’s not so simple to search and download the stock firmware file for your Galaxy device.
You can also find free Samsung firmware files online such as SamMobile.com, Samsung-Updates.com, etc are the most popular to download Samsung firmware archives. But these stock firmware are huge in size for the latest Samsung devices that make it extremely annoying with the slow download speed.
So, go ahead and follow the given guide that how to use SamFirm tool to download the latest Samsung Stock Firmware.
What is SamFirm?
Let’s talk about SamFirm Tool. SamFirm is a handy Windows-based PC tool and enables you to download the latest stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. You can download all the latest stock firmware from Samsung servers and then flash using Odin. Thanks to the XDA Senior Member zxz0O0 for developing and providing SamFirm Tool.
Even a beginner can use this tool, which is extremely easy. All you need to put the device model number and region and get the latest Samsung firmware file. But SamFirm tool only allows you to download the latest Samsung stock firmware but you need an older firmware, then navigate to Samsung-Updates, SamMobile, or use a third-party site to download.
Download SamFirm Tool [All Versions]
You can download all versions of SamFirm tool from the given links below. All these files were sourced directly from the original XDA thread posted by the developer himself.
- SamFirm_v0.3.9.zip (Latest version)
- A Windows-based PC (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, and Visual C++ 2010 installed on the PC.
- An archive tool/extractor like WinRAR.
- Enough storage space on your PC’s hard disk. Stock firmware could weigh from 1 GB to 5 GB depending upon the device.
How to Use SamFirm Tool to Download Latest Samsung Stock Firmware?
- First of all, download the latest version of SamFirm tool on your PC from the above links.
- Now, unzip the downloaded ‘SamFirm_v0.3.6.zip‘ file
- Open the extracted folder.
- Double-click on the ‘SamFirm.exe‘ to run the tool
- Click on the input field next to ‘Model‘ to enter the Samsung Galaxy phone’s model number. Please note that you can find the model number of your phone by going to Settings > About phone.
- Enter your phone’s region (CSC/Country Specific Code) by clicking on the input field next to ‘Region‘
- Make sure that you have entered the correct info about your Samsung Galaxy device and also check the ‘Auto’ option in SamFirm.
- Click on the ‘Check Update‘ button after entering all the required firmware information.
- SamFirm will start finding the latest stock firmware for your device and corresponding region on Samsung servers.
- Next, make sure to check the ‘Check CRC32‘ and ‘Decrypt automatically‘ options under the ‘Download’ section.
- Finally, click on the ‘Download’ button to download Samsung stock firmware using SamFirm Tool.
The tool will prompt you to select the location on the PC where the file should be saved. Just navigate to a suitable location on your PC and click the ‘Save‘ button.
Done! These were the easy steps to download the latest Samsung Stock Firmware using SamFirm tool. Now, follow our guide on how to install the firmware using Odin Flash Tool after the firmware is downloaded and decrypted.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions regarding the above step-by-step guide.