Here is how to download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite based on Android 9.0 Pie. The Xiaomi has launched the Mi A2 Lite smartphone in July 2018. The device comes out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie OS. So if you are the fan of custom ROM and searching a guide on how to install latest custom firmware on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. Here in this article, we share a simple step by step guide on how to download and install pixel experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The pixel experience ROM is one of the best and popular customs ROM in the Android market. The pixel experience ROM is based on AOSP. It is open source custom ROM which aims to bring the Pixel OS to all Android devices. The pixel experience ROM comes with a stable Android Pie OS and brings a lot of new features and customizations. Also, the ROM brings some extra features such as dual-column settings, dynamic notification drawer headers, advanced reboot, Add Additional Features and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, improved battery, better performance, faster smartphone and much more.
As we know that Android is an open source OS which can be modified by developers. All thanks to the developers which developed and share this amazing pixel experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. Basically, in the field of Android, the custom ROM is the modified version of Stock ROM which can be modified by professional developers. After installing pixel experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, your device system is completely changed and add some extra features.
In order to install pixel experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, your device should have unlocked bootloader and must install TWRP custom recovery on your device. Take the full backup of all your entire phone data before proceeding. If you are interested in downloading and installing pixel experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. Then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage occurred to your device while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Make sure that the bootloader of your phone is unlocked and your device is rooted.
- Also, the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP should be installed on your phone.
- Ensure that the battery level of your phone is more than 60% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
- Download pixel experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Official GApps for pixel experience Pie ROM
- Download latest Magisk supports Android Pie
Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM:
- First of all, download the required files from the above links and unzip them on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone with PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files to the root folder of the internal storage of your device.
- Next, reboot your device to the TWRP recovery.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
Note: To perform Wipe data: Navigate to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Navigate to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Similarly, flash the Google Apps (Gapps) file like custom ROMs by following this guide.
- After that, if you want to root your device then you can flash Magisk by following this method.
Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Using ADB and Fastboot
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer.
- Copy/paste the GSI system .img file to the ADB folder.
- Connect your device to the computer and boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Type the following command in Windows power shell and hit Enter to flash the ROM.
"fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
Once the flashing process completes, reboot your device and your device will boot into Android 9.0 Pie based pixel experience ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.