The latest and stable Android Pie Update is now available for the Mi A1 all over the world. Being a Xiaomi Mi A1 user, you can now download and install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie Update V10.0.3.0. We’ll use two methods to flash the firmware, 1) TWRP Flashable Zip, 2) Fastboot Image.
You may know that the Xiaomi Mi A2, and Mi A2 Lite have already received the Android Pie update and now you can install the latest Pie on Mi A1. The new Android Pie Update brings a lot of new features along with the latest security patch. As the OTA updates are releasing in a stage-wise manner globally, so it could take some time before it actually reaches your region.
Before proceeding to the given guide, check for the OTA notification on your Mi A1 by navigating to ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘System updates’. But if you can’t wait and want to manually install Android Pie on Xiaomi Mi A1. Download the available TWRP flashable zip or fastboot image and start the installation process. It shall be very helpful for those who are on Android 8.1 Oreo with TWRP/Root installed.
Take a look at the details and official changelog of this Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie Update. The OTA update weighs about 1 GB or 1069.1 MB to be precise.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie Update (V10.0.3.0) – Changelog
- FM Radio
- Adaptive Battery and Brightness
- Simpler ways to navigate your phone
- Recommended apps and actions based on your context
- Visual changes for Quick Settings
- Notifications and device settings menu
- Digital Wellbeing
- The latest December 2018 security patches
You can also visit the official Android Pie website to learn more about all the new features in Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie update.
Download Android Pie Update for Xiaomi Mi A1 (V10.0.3.0)
- Android Pie TWRP Flashable zip: Download Stock Pie Stable 9.0.zip
- Android Pie fastboot image: Download Pie_10.0.3.0_FB .zip
All credits go to haimn (XDA Senior Member) for capturing the OTA URL, jack_21 to extract the payload.bin and created an unofficial fastboot image of the Pie update. Also, talayy (XDA Senior Member) created a flashable zip of the update that could be easily flashed using TWRP.
How to Install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie Update
If your device is running on the Android 8.1 Oreo stock firmware then we recommend using the fastboot image to flash the Pie update (Method 1). But if your device has TWRP already installed then it’s better to flash the Pie flashable zip with TWRP (Method 2).
Method 1: Using TWRP Flashable zip
- First, download and extract the Android SDK platform-tools package and on your PC.
- Also, download Android Pie TWRP flashable zip for your Xiaomi Mi A1 on the desktop of your PC.
- Now, plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable
- Move the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your Mi A1.
- After transferring the zip file, unplug the device and turn it OFF.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery by pressing the Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time.
- In case your device has a custom ROM installed then navigate to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and wipe the ‘Cache’, ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘Data’ and ‘System’ partitions.
- While your device is in TWRP, tap on the ‘Install’ button and navigate the internal storage. Choose the Android Pie TWRP flashable zip file.
- Next, swipe the button on the screen to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie update.
- Once the flashing process completes successfully, press the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Method 2: Using Fastboot Image
- First, download Android Pie fastboot image zip file on the desktop of your PC for Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Unzip the downloaded ‘Pie_10.0.3.0_FB .zip’ file on your PC.
- Copy the extracted content to the ADB and Fastboot binaries folder (e.g. C:\adb)
- Now, turn OFF Xiaomi Mi A1 and enter Fastboot Mode by holding the Volume Down + Power buttons altogether.
- Connect your Mi A1 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Finally, double-click on the ‘flash_all_except_storage_keep_unlock.bat’ file to install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie Update.
After the installation completes, your Mi A1 will reboot and you can now start using Android Pie on Mi A1. Your device will take about 4 to 5 minutes to start for the first time after installation. These were easy methods to flash the stable Android Pie V10.0.3.0 firmware with December Security Patch.
Done! You have successfully installed Android Pie Update on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while following the above guide.