OnePlus 6 and 6T started getting the latest official February 2020 security patch based on Android 10. Recently, OnePlus released the latest OxygenOS Open Beta update for both old devices. The OnePlus 6 and 6T were released in 2018 with better hardware and the latest Android OS. Both smartphones received the stable Android 10 official update in December 2019 via OTA. Now the company releases the official February 2020 security patch to fixe the bugs and brings some improvements.
This OxygenOS Open Beta update is an incremental update which is released via OTA. The most recent update is still based on Android 10. Here in this article, we come with a detailed guide on how to download and install the OxygenOS Open Beta based on February 2020 security patch for OnePlus 6 and 6T. The OxygenOS Open Beta update has lots of new features, fixed most of bugs and errors, brings some improvements, customization and much more.
The February 2020 security patch is paced with improvements to the Zen Mode, Fixed the issue with app crashes during installing, Optimized message notification, Added location, calendar, auto-track feature and much more. Also, we share the complete official changelog for the latest OxygenOS Open Beta update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. OnePlus started rolling out the latest security update via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. Don’t worry if you have not received any notification of the new update.
You can download the February 2020 security patch from the given below link and install it on your device manually. Those users who are in the beta channel will only install the OTA file but users having stable Android 10, can install the full OTA update on their devices.
Changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta For OnePlus 6 / 6T:
- Fixed and removed white bar below the keyboard
- Fixed the issue with app crashes during installing and updating
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.02
- Network (India Only)
- Integrated the VoWifi registration for the Jio Sim
- Optimized the one-handed mode experience in the Phone app
- Fixed the issue with the duplication of contacts
- Zen Mode V1.5.0
- Improved OnePlus Account login for synchronization of badges and user’s data
- Work-Life Balance (India Only)
- Optimized message notification
- Optimized the mode and app selection
- Added location, calendar, auto-track feature
- Message (India Only)
- Fixed issue with message categorization
- Fixed issue with transaction messages showing wrong entity values
- Improved brand name and logo identification of the sender
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned Oxygen OS Open Beta February 2020 security patch can be used for the OnePlus 6 / 6T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 6 / 6T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 6 / 6T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 6 / 6T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
- OnePlus 6 Open Beta Full OTA || OnePlus 6 Open Beta Incremental OTAOnePlus 6T Open Beta Full OTA || OnePlus 6T Open Beta Incremental OTA
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta February 2020 Security Patch For OnePlus 6 / 6T Official Firmware:
Step 1:- Download the latest OxygenOS Open beta full stock firmware zip file from the above-given link directly on the phone or on your PC (according to your model).
Step 2:- Now, transfer/move the ROM file to the root folder of internal storage on your device.
Step 3:- Navigate to the device’s Settings Menu > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > select Local Upgrade option.
Step 4:- Choose the Local Upgrade option to open the device storage. Browse for the package file.
Step 5:- Next, tap on the firmware file and select the Install option.
Step 6:- Once the installation process completes, your device will reboot into a new system. Wait for a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to install Oxygen OS Open Beta February 2020 security patch for OnePlus 6 / 6T.
If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments area below.
Source: OnePlus Forums