In this guide, we will show you how to fix Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue on your device. With the introduction of the latest version of Android, Google brought in a collection of new features for their users. Some of the highlighted features include the new one time permission set, the native screen recorder, the modified power menu and dark mode scheduling. But overshadowing all these features is the new Chat bubbles option for Android users. The chat bubble feature allows you to turn a notification for a message from a specific sender into a chat bubble for your conversation.
The chat bubble feature does not close and open an application, but just acts as an overlay, which means that it could be open over any other app that you have already opened. In order to start a conversation, you just have to click on the notification of the message and it will open a chat bubble. Feels somewhat similar? Well it is the same feature that Facebook messenger has been using over the past few years. Even though this feature is very useful, a lot of users experience issues while trying to use this feature. If you also face the same problem, then do not worry as we will show you how to fix Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue.
How to Fix Android 11 Chat Bubbles Not Working Issue
There are many complaints from the users regarding this issue over many social news platforms and online forums, including Reddit and Google Support. Over Google Support, more than 1800 users have already upvoted this issue and this issue has been classified as a trending issue. However, there are a few methods you can implement to work your way round the issue. Here in this guide, we will share and discuss all the methods you can implement in order to solve this problem for your device and fix the Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue.
Fix 1: Check App Compatibility
First of all, you should know that the chat bubble feature is not compatible for all apps as not all app developers have equipped their apps with this feature. So you can not use the chat bubble feature with that app until the app developer integrates the API into the application. But that will not remain a problem for long as many app developers have already adapted their app for this feature and many of the popular apps such as WhatsApp and Telegram have already started using this feature and other apps are also quickly integrating their feature into their app.
Furthermore, if your app is not using the chat bubble feature yet, it may be possible that there is a beta build out for the app which is using the feature. So installing the beta version for the app may just solve the problem. However, if the chat bubble feature is already integrated into the app’s source code and this method still does not solve the problem, then you should take a look at the other ways to fix Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue mentioned below.
Fix 2: Restart the Device
The most old school method of dealing with some problems faced with Android is just to perform a simple reboot. So before you stress yourself over with the other methods to solve the Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue, you should just go ahead and restart your device and check if the problem is corrected. If your problem still is not fixed, then you should not worry, as there still are other methods that you can implement to fix the issue.
Fix 3: Enable the Bubbles Notifications Feature
Yes, the reason behind the issue can be as simple as the option for bubbles notifications being disabled. So make sure that you have the Bubbles Notifications feature enabled on your device. So follow the steps given below to activate the feature:
- Proceed to the Settings app for your device.
- After that, head over to the Apps and Notifications section and then open Notifications.
- Finally, go to Bubbles and enable the ‘Allow apps to show bubbles’ option, as shown in the image above.
Now check if the chat bubbles feature is now working for your device, if not, then continue with the guide.
Fix 4: Enable Chat Bubbles for Every Conversation
The Chat bubbles feature also has some other options to customize the feature. One of those features is to select the conversations that you want to be shown in chat bubbles. Along the same lines, you could also disable the chat bubbles feature for a particular app as well. So you should also check your settings for any disabled option.
- Head over to the Settings app on your device.
- After that, head over to the Apps and notifications section.
- There, you need to tap on See all Apps and select the app that faces the issue.
- After that, go to its Notifications > Bubbles section.
- Finally, check that the ‘All conversations can bubble’ option is enabled.
Now check if the issue is fixed or not.
Fix 5: Switch to Default Stock Launcher
If you are using a custom launcher, there is a chance that the custom launcher is preventing the chat bubbles feature from working properly. Hence you should try switching from your custom launcher to the default launcher of your device. You can do this by following the steps mentioned below:
- First proceed to the Settings app on your device.
- Then again, go to Apps and Notifications and choose default apps.
- Then under the Home app, select the default launcher.
Once you are through the steps, then restart your device and check if the Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue is fixed for your device or not.
Fix 6: Delete App’s Cache and Data
If the app that is facing the problem has some corrupted data or has a lot of temporary data accumulated over time, then that might be the reason behind the Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue. So you should clear that applications data and cache. You can do so by following the steps mentioned below:
- Once more, head over to the Settings app on your device.
- Then head over to Apps and Notifications and then select App info.
- From the list, select the app with the issue and select Storage and Cache.
- Finally, tap on Clear Data or Clear Storage.
Once you are through, reboot your device and then check if you use the chat bubbles for the app or not.
Fix 7: Reset Device
If you have implemented all of the above methods and are still facing the problem, then you should revert to the last resort, that is to reset your device. Keep in mind that factory resetting your device takes a lot of time and involves setting up your device from the start. So if you really want to fix the Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue for your device and are willing to commit your time and effort, then you should proceed with this method. Follow the steps mentioned to perform a reset:
- First of all, you should take a complete device backup because resetting a device erases all of your data.
- Then proceed to the Settings app and go to Reset options and there, tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Select the Erase all data button located at the bottom right of your screen and then tap on confirm.
- If you want, you can disable the Erase Internal storage option.
- Once your device has been reset, set up your device from the start and when you start using it, the Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue should have been fixed.
On that note, we end our guide on how to fix Android 11 chat bubbles not working issue. We hope that you found this guide helpful. If you have any queries, post them in the comment section below.