In this guide we will show you how to fix Face unlock not working on Android 12. Android 12 is out for Google Pixel and Beta users. As Android 12 is not officially out yet, it still has some bugs and errors. After the recent Android 12 update, a new issue surfaced.
Many users reported that after this update, the Face unlock feature on their phones was not working. The developer team behind Android 12 does not know the reason behind this issue and have not come up with a solution to this problem.
So will you have to wait until Google provides fixes/updates to fix Face unlock not working on Android 12?
The Android 12 developer team will provide fixes for this issue soon. But there are some fixes that you can try for yourself if you do not want to wait until the update arrives from Google. In this guide here, we have shared some methods that you can try in order to fix Face unlock not working on Android 12.
How to fix Face unlock not working on Android 12
Some methods to fix Face unlock not working on Android 12 are provided below. Users reported that these fixes worked for them. So try these methods below and see if the issue is resolved.
1. Re-enable Face unlock feature
If your issue does not resolve even after restarting your device, then you should try this method. You should try to first disable the face unlock feature and then enable the face unlock feature again. This method is not that complicated or anything, but this simple fix worked for some users so you can try it on your device as well:
- First of all, head over to the Settings app on your Android device.
- Then scroll down to the Security section and tap on it.
- Now find Face unlock and then tap on it.
- After that, click on Disable.
- Once done, enable the Face unlock feature again by tapping on Enable.
2. Reset the Face unlock feature
If you still face the Face unlock issue after disabling and re-enabling the Face unlock feature as instructed in the first method above, then you should try completely resetting the Face unlock feature. Follow the instructions given below to do so:
- Firstly, proceed to the Settings app on your Android device.
- And again, head over to the Security section within the Settings app.
- Now find Face unlock and tap on it.
- Now register yourself again and then check to see if the issue is resolved.
3. Check to see if there is a Software update available
You should also keep checking if there is a software update available for your device. It may be possible that the developers have come up with a fix and have provided an update to fix Face unlock not working on Android 12. Follow the steps given below to check for software updates on your device:
- First up, open up the Settings app on your Android device.
- After that, proceed to the About section.
- In that section, you will have to check if there is an update available. If there is one, install it and then check if the issue still remains.
4. Reset your device
If you still are facing this issue, then you should try resetting your Android device. But before you do so, make sure that you take a backup of all of your data in order to make sure that none of it is lost. After you reset your device, your issue should be resolved.
So that was it from our side on how to fix Face unlock not working on Android 12. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.