In this guide, we will show you how to fix Google search bar widget missing on Android devices. Widgets on Android devices always help users to quickly access certain services or apps on their device.
One of these widgets is the Google search bar widget. This widget is usually placed by users on their device’s home screen for easy access and use. This widget makes it easier for users to use the Google search bar, where they can type in their query or even speak what they want. Evert uses wants this widget on their device because of it’s usefulness. But some users complain that the Google search bar widget is missing on their devices.
Here in this guide, we have discussed a few fixes to fix the Google Search bar missing on Android problem. These will help you to use the Google search bar widget on your device again. Apart from that, there is another alternative that you can use, which is the Google Assistant. It can also be accessed very easily and can carry out the functions of the Google search bar, such as searching on the internet or searching through voice.
Another work around is to use the Google Chrome browser in order to search anything on the internet. There is a widget for the Google Chrome browser too that you can use for this task. So here we will provide the steps to fix Google search bar widget missing on Android phone, so read on!
Google Search Bar Widget Missing on Android Phone: How to Fix
Usually, the reason behind the Google search bar missing on Android phones is pretty simple, i.e. users may remove the widget by themselves. Apart from that, another reason can be the use of third party theme apps for your device. Using these third party apps to apply themes on your device can lead to the removal of the Google search bar widget automatically because the theme app may not be compatible.
But you should not worry in these circumstances because the Google search bar widget can easily be added to your device’s home screen again. Below mentioned are the steps for the same:
Add Google Search Bar Widget on Android
- First up, long press on an empty space on your device’s home screen.
- This will open up other options on your home screen such as Wallpaper, Widgets and Home Settings
- From those options, tap on Widgets
- Now swipe up in the Widgets page until you are able to see Google.
- You will be able to see the Widget named Search. Tap and hold on the widget and drag it to your phone’s home screen.
- Now drag the Google Search bar widget to where you would like to place it and then release your finger.
Place Browser Search Bar Widget on the Home Screen
As we mentioned above, there are a few alternatives to the Google Search bar widget. So if you find your Google Search bar missing, you can try the other alternatives as well.
The search bar of the internet browser on your device can also be accessed by a widget. The process and the procedure for this is similar to what we did in the section above. Usually, Android devices use Google Chrome as the default internet browser, so we will be adding the Chrome search bar widget. The Chrome search bar widget can be found in the Widgets section in our device. Here are the steps:
- First, press and hold on an empty space on your home screen and then tap on Widgets from the options that appear.
- Now scroll down until you find Chrome in the Widgets page.
- From the widgets that appear under the Chrome heading, tap and hold on Chrome Search.
- Now drag the Google Search bar widget to where you would like to place it on your home screen and then release your finger.
Use Google Assistant
If you do not feel comfortable with using a lot of widgets and you feel that they cover up space on your Android home screen, then you can choose to remove the Google search bar widget and use the Google Assistant in it’s place.
You can simply access the Google assistant by voicing a command and the Google Assistant will solve your query. You can speak what you want to search and the Google Assistant will give you the results.
So that was it from our side on how to fix Google Search bar widget missing on Android phones. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.