Most of the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus users have started rooting their devices and they are installing new ROMs and different mods on them. But few users ended up bricking their smartphones and stuck in boot loops. So we are going to share a detailed guide with you on how to unbrick Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus by flashing stock firmware as well as to fix boot loop issue.
The new Samsung smartphones in the Galaxy series have a very amazing design. We are talking about Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. These flagship smartphones have a cool curved edge design, other than that the screen of these smartphones is quite impressive having a great overall hardware look and a strong battery pack.
The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus have stock Nougat firmware, so you will need to download the stock firmware to unbrick the device and restore it. Restoring your device by installing stock firmware will also solve these issues like screen freezing and unresponsive touch etc. We have attached the links to the stock firmware from the authentic websites in the download section below and also the guide to download and install the stock firmware on your S8 and S8 Plus smartphones.
Flashing the wrong firmware can brick your device and it will also void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged before installing the firmware.
- Open settings of your Galaxy S8 and S8 plus and in about phone tap the build number for 7 times to enable the developer options on your smartphone. Now from developer options enable USB debugging.
- Create a backup of all your important data because installing firmware will erase all of your data.
- Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus must be properly installed on your PC.
Installing Stock Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- First, download the Odin tool and correct firmware for your Galaxy S8 or S8 plus and extract it to get file of an extension of .tar or tar.md5
- Now, extract the downloaded Odin zip file on the desktop of your computer.
- Open the Odin by double-clicking on the Odin exe file.
- Power OFF the phone in order to boot into Download Mode. Power ON your device in by pressing and holding volume down, power and Bixby buttons simultaneously.
- There will be a warning on your screen, press Volume Up to boot into download mode by accepting the warning.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable
- Click on the AP button in Odin and find the firmware file and select it. Click on the START button to begin the installation process. It will start installing the firmware in your device. Wait till the process completes.
This is how you install the stock firmware on your Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
Download Galaxy S8 Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950N Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950U Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G950W Stock Firmware
Download Galaxy S8 Plus Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G955F Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G955N Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G955U Stock Firmware
- Download Galaxy S8 SM-G955W Stock Firmware
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or issue while updating your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus to the stock firmware.