In this article, we will be telling you what the Fortnite error code 83 is and how you can fix it. Since it’s release back in the summer of 2017, Fortnite has been a real competitor in the gaming industry. Achieving milestone after milestone, it became the highest earning game in 2019 when Epic games, the game’s creator made it free for gamers. But recently, the game has been facing frequent issues and Epic games is going down a bumpy path.
Epic games has been facing issues regarding the game’s payment gateway on both, the Google Play Store and the Apple app store. To top that, it seems that in-game issues are also surfacing up more frequently. Despite developers working hard to release the latest patch updates to Fortnite to ensure a bug free experience for players, there are still many bugs and error codes that victimize a lot of players daily. One of these error codes is the Fortnite error code 83. If you are facing difficulty with this error code and want to find a solution to this, then you are at the right place. Follow this guide to learn how to fix Fortnite error code 83.
If you are indeed facing this issue, be informed that you are not the only one. The Fortnite error code 83 also affects many other unfortunate Fortnite players over different platforms such as PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and even on mobile platforms as well. This error prevents players from joining other groups and parties within the game and states”Failed to Join Party” or “Fortnite Party is currently not responding” along with the code number of the error mentioned. This error tends to stop Fortnite players from communicating with their parties.
What is Fortnite error code 83 and How to Fix it?
So what is the Fortnite error code 83? Well, as we mentioned above, it stops players from joining parties within the game and also prevents players from communicating to each other. Although the exact reason behind this error is hard to pin point, we can safely assume that this error is caused by a server complications rather than anything else. You need to assured that this is not a problem from your side. Below mentioned, are the possible solutions and workarounds for this error that are worth a try:
- First of all, you need to make sure that your console is running the Xbox Live or PlayStation network servers properly. If the servers are already running smoothly, you may proceed to the next step. If not, try out the game after a few hours.
- Needless to say, you should also check that the Fortnite game servers are running properly. The Fortnite error code 83 error may be caused by a maintenance break or a server breakdown. If that does not help, try the next step.
- You should also keep tabs on the Official Fortnite Twitter handle to stay notified and updated about all the latest reports and information. You will get to know of all the events and server breakdown timings.
- Apart from that, you can try force closing the game and rebooting your console, PC or device. You can also try power cycling them. Once done, launch Fortnite again and check if the error is still popping up. If you still face the error, try exiting from the party mode and connecting to it again. This may solve your problem.
- As a reminder, you should also check out for your internet connection that whether the speed is good or not or whether it is stable or not. If you use a wireless connection to your internet modem, try connecting the Ethernet port to your console or PC or vice versa.
- Lastly, you could try restarting your internet modem. After that, clear the cache memory and glitches in your router history.
That was it from our side. We hope that you found this article helpful. We are looking forward to a hotfix update from Epic Games to solve this issue soon. Until then, you should keep reporting the Fortnite Error code 83 to Epic Games support. For further queries, reach us below and if you have another solution to this problem, do share it in the comment section below.