Download G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo for Galaxy S9 [SM-G960F]: Samsung has starting rolling out the latest Google’s mobile OS version, Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware. This new update is available for the Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F. Galaxy S9 users can download G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware for their devices to taste the great features of Oreo. The new firmware comes with September 2018 security patches. We suggest you upgrade your device to this G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo stock firmware. You can navigate to OTA (Over-the-air) update system / Samsung KIES to upgrade your device to update your Galaxy S9. But if you have not yet received the OTA notification then follow the given guide.
Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with top-notch hardware like a 5.8 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The display comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. This phone is available in 64GB and 128GB (internal memory). Galaxy S9 has an Exynos 9810 Octa and 6GB RAM. Galaxy S9 brings 12MP rear camera and 8MP front shooting camera. The phone packed with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery and running on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box.
Keep in mind that G960FPUS2BRI2 is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo on Galaxy S9. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo September 2018 Security Patch.
This guide containing the G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy S9 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo Firmware Detail
- Device Name: Galaxy S9
- Model Number: SM-G960F
- Baseband Version: G960FPUS2BRI2
- Security Patch Level: 01.09.2018
- Android OS: 8.0
AndroidBlog.gs will not liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S9 during or after the installation of Android 8.0.0 Oreo. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S9, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S9 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo Firmware:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S9 SM-G960F via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S9 SM-G960F via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If a new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Update Galaxy S9 to G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo:
1:– First, download G960FPUS2BRI2 Security Patch and Odin v3.09 for Galaxy S9 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S9 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S9. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S9 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully installed G960FPUS2BRI2 Android 8.0.0 Oreo on Galaxy S9 firmware update.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.