Install G960FXXU1BRE6 June 2018 Security Update on Galaxy S9 [SM-G960F]: Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the budget smartphone from Samsung. The device has started receiving the latest security patch. The new update for one of its flagship device, Galaxy S9 is now available to download. The build number will change to G960FXXU1BRE6 after upgrading Galaxy S9 to the latest firmware. The size of this update is about 1.56 GB which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The update contains a bunch of security fixes for many CVEs and other security threats. We highly recommend updating the Android OS to the latest firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. G960FXXU1BRE6 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install Android 8.0 G960FXXU1BRE6 May 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Android 8.0 Oreo G960FXXU1BRE6 is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy S9 and hit the download to upgrade your device to G960FXXU1BRE6 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo Android 8.0 Oreo update on Galaxy S9. The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy S9.
- Model: SM-G960F
- Model name: Galaxy S9
- Version: Android 8.0.0
- Changelist: 13602611
- Build date: Thu, 24 May 2018 05:50:39 +0000
- Security Patch Level: 2018-05-01
- Product code: THR
- PDA: G960FXXU1BRE6
- CSC: G960FOXM1BRE3
Please note that Android 8.0 Oreo given in this guide is working with the Galaxy S9.
How To Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy S9?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy S9, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy S9. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy S9 using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S9.
Download G960FXXU1BRE6 for Galaxy S9
How To Manually Install G960FXXU1BRE6 Android 8.0 Oreo Update on Galaxy S9 using ODIN:
To Install G960FXXU1BRE6 Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S9 using Odin, follow the given link below.
Done! You have successfully installed G960FXXU1BRE6 on Galaxy S9 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy S9.