Samsung has started rolling the latest Android 9.0 Pie official firmware update for both Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. In this guide, we’ll tell you that how to download and install G960FXXU2CRLI Official Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy S9. This stable version of stock Android Pie update comes with build number G960FXXU2CRLI. Previously, the beta version of the Pie firmware was available for these devices.
So if you are currently running on Android Pie beta, then download the stable via OTA (over the air) which weighs around 158MB in size. But if your Galaxy S9/Galaxy S9 Plus are running Android Oreo, then you will need to download the firmware from the other link which is 2GB in size.
You may already know that the OEM pushing out the OTA in stages so it will be offered for more countries during the following period of time gradually. Navigate to OTA (Over-the-air) update system / Samsung KIES to upgrade your device to update your Galaxy S9/Galaxy S9 Plus. This Android Pie update is available in Germany or if you can’t wait to receive the OTA notification in your region then still you can flash the G960FXXU2CRLI Android Pie manually on your S9 and S9 Plus to improve your overall Android experience.
G960FXXU2CRLI Stable Android Android 9.0 Pie Features
The new firmware comes with some design changes and the most highlighted feature is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are Redesigned volume slider, Notch Support, Advanced Battery with AI Support, New Quick Settings UI design, Manual theme selection, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and much more.
Flash G960FXXU2CRLI Stable Android Android 9.0 Pie
Keep in mind that G960FXXU2CRLI is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use the ODIN flash tool to install Android 9.0 Pie on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install G960FXXU2CRLI Android 9.0 Pie.
Features of OneUI are:
The latest Android 9.0 Pie update brings integrated new UI, called One UI with the new experience. Take a look on some of the main features of OneUI like one-handed usage, system-wide dark mode, a new UI, and design language focused on ease of use etc.
- Content and Settings have been re-organized
- Interactive Elements moved to screen bottom for easy access
- Night mode feature
- Reply to messages directly in the notification panel
- Image thumbnails now show on the notification
- New Emojis
- Adaptive theme changes
- Floating keyboard
Always On Display
- New clock styles added
- Battery charging information
- Improved search
- Enables search within App
- New scene optimizer enhances the camera color settings.
- Adds new Editor tool for Photos.
- New storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor storage usage.
- Show/hide items on MyFiles home screen.
- Shows daily step counts in the notification panel.
- Lift to wake feature turns on the screen when you pick up the phone.
This guide containing the G960FXXU2CRLI Android 9.0 Pie firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy S9 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
G960FXXU2CRLI Android 9.0 Pie Firmware Details:
Model name: Galaxy S9
Version: Android 9
Build date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 16:24:51 +0000
Security Patch Level: 2018-12-01
Product code: DBT
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S9 during or after the installation of Android 9.0 Pie. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S9, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S9 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download G960FXXU2CRLI Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy S9:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S9/9 Plus via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S9/S9 Plus via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Install G960FXXU2CRLI Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy S9
1:– First, download G960FXXU2CRLI Security Patch and Odin v3.09 for Galaxy S9 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S9 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S9. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S9 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy S9 SM-G960F
In case your Galaxy S9 SM-G960F stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follow the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install G960FXXU2CRLI Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy S9. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.