A guide on how to install Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Alpha ROM on OnePlus One. The first official Android 5.0 Lollipop Alpha custom ROM is ready to download and update on the OnePlus’s flagship smartphone, OnePlus One. Like last month the developers of OnePlus were working to develop their own ROM, close to the stock version and independent of CyanogenMod [a non-CyanogenMod ROM]. This is the first step by OnePlus to develop their own custom ROM which can be considered as highly customizable and bloat-free. As its name indicates “Alpha“, this custom build is currently in the early stages of development that have no extra features beyond the stock Android. OnePlus will soon release the official firmware for OnePlus plus that will be bloat-free and customizable having stock Android like features.
As we’ve discussed that this Alpha ROM is in its early stages so you may get some bugs and problems but developers are working to fix these issues. To install this ROM on your OnePlus One, you’ll require installing the TWRP custom recovery first. Thanks to the official OnePlus forum community, for providing the installation guide as well as the download link. So if you are interested in updating your OnePlus One to the first Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Alpha ROM then here is a detailed guide to getting this ROM on your device to taste the latest mobile OS.
- Data roaming is on by default. Make sure to turn if off to avoid potential charges.
- As always, flashing a custom ROM incurs the risk of bricking your phone. Make sure you know what you’re doing and backup everything.
- Camera and video may be unstable. This build supports 4k video; however, quality may be low as the company is still fine-tuning the camera.
- Capacitive keys do not turn off when you enable software keys.
- Clock crashes periodically.
- If using the new app pinning feature in L, make sure to turn on the software keys first. Otherwise, you will have to reboot your machine.
- On first boot, startup time will be a bit slow. Rest assured things would speed up in the future.
- Wi-Fi may be unstable.
- This build is not eligible for OTA updates.
Please note that this stock Android 5.0 ROM is only working with OnePlus One. Don’t try to flash this firmware on any other variant or device, as a result; it can damage it. Check the device’s model carefully before starting the flashing process.You’ll need to flash TWRP recovery on your device again after performing a clean wipe because this build does not have a built-in recovery.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage or loss occurred to your OnePlus One during or after the installation of this official Alpha ROM. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all relevant data using a custom recovery like TWRP on your OnePlus One.
- TWRP recovery should be installed on your OnePlus One before proceeding to the installation guide. How To Install TWRP Recovery
- Make sure that the OnePlus One has at least about 80% of battery charge.
Check Popular Posts:
Steps to Update OnePlus One to Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Alpha ROM:
Step No 1: – First, copy the downloaded Android 5.0 Lollipop official Alpha ROM (oneplus_community.zip) to your OnePlus One. If your device has TWRP recovery already installed then place the .zip file in TWRP folder.
Note: Here’s a guide for Mac users.
Step No 2: – Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time to boot the OnePlus One into TWRP recovery.
Step No 3: – While your phone is now in Recovery Mode, perform full data wipe, cache and Dalvik to wipe all data of the phone.
Step No 4: – Navigate to Install > and locate the ROM .zip file that you’ve already transferred to your phone’s storage. Select that .zip file and on next screen confirm the installation to start flashing the ROM.
Step No 5: – Clean the phone’s cache once again after the installation process has been successfully finished.
Step No 6: – If you have Google Apps package and want to install them then repeat the above-given steps.
Step No 7: – Finally, restart your OnePlus One.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop official Alpha ROM on your OnePlus One. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or issue while updating your phone.