In this guide, we will show you how to fix Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card issue. The Google Pixel 6 Pro is the latest flagship phone in the Google Pixel lineup. It is now quite popular, offers a lot of impressive flagship level specs and introduces a new overall design.
It comes out of the box with Android 12 and comes with compatibility for Nano SIM and eSIM. But users have experienced and reported many bugs and issues. One of these issues is that the Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card. This issue is encountered quite often and presents an issue for the users.
On the Pixel Phone help forum, a lot of user reports suggest that users face SIM connectivity issues even with the SIM inserted into the device properly. Some users have also mentioned that a device reboot temporarily fixes the Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card issue, but the issue returns. This issue is only faced on this device because the same SIM cards were working properly older Pixel devices.
Fix Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card issue
Even though the system reboot looks like a possible fix for the issue, some users have reported that after performing the system reboot the device was not recognizing the SIM card at all. Some have even tried to turn off the adaptive battery and adaptive connectivity feature, but to no avail.
This means that the users facing this issue have to use the phone without being able to make or receive calls through their SIM card.
But there are other possible fixes for the issue that users can try so that the Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card issue is resolved. If you are one of those users and face this common issue, then you are at the right place as we will be listing some possible solutions to the problem in discussion.
1. Use another SIM card
Talking about particular SIM cards, users of AT&T and Verizon cellular mobile services are facing this issue more than users of other SIM cards. So one possible workaround would be to use another SIM in your Google Pix 6 Pro. If the issue is not resolved, then there probably is an issue with the SIM tray or the device. If the issue no longer exists, then it means that your SIM card was faulty. So it would be wise to change your SIM card.
2. Re-insert SIM
If the above mentioned method does not work, then you should try removing and re-inserting your SIM card to solve the Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card issue. Make sure that you do not do this while your device is powered on as it can cause problems for your SIM card. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, turn off your Google Pixel 6 Pro.
- Once done, remove your SIM from the SIM slot on bottom left of your device by inserting the SIM removal tool into the hole and pushing it.
- Now remove the SIM card from the tray and place it again before inserting the SIM tray back into the device.
- After that, turn on your device and check if the issue persists.
3. Reset network settings
Another thing you could try to fix Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card issue is to reset network settings on your device. With this, you could make sure that whether the reason behind the issue is a network connectivity glitch or not. So in order to reset network settings, follow the steps given below:
- Proceed to the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down to the System section and then tap on Reset options.
- After that, tap on Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile and Bluetooth.
- Now you need to tap on Reset settings. You may be asked to enter your password or fingerprint.
- Tap on Reset settings again if confirmation is required.
- After the process is finished, restart your device so that the changes take effect.
- Now insert your SIM card again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
4. Find device EID
You should also check if the device’s EID is showing properly or not. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Open up the Settings app on your device and then proceed to the About phone section.
- Now select SIM Status and then scroll down and tap on EID.
Now follow the steps below to see your device’s EID QR code:
- Open the Settings app again and then head over to the Network and Settings menu.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon beside the SIMs option.
- Now you have to select “Download a SIM instead?” or “Don’t have a SIM card?”
- Now select Next and then select Find it here once it asks “Activating in a store?”
5. Contact support for eSIM
If none of the above mentioned methods solve the issue for you, then the wise thing would by to contact the Google Pixel help team for help in this matter.
So that was it from our side on how to fix Google Pixel 6 Pro won’t recognize SIM card issue. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.