In this guide, we’ll let you know that how to factory reset Google Pixel or Pixel XL. If your Google Pixel/XL is slowing down or facing issues with the device like lot of force close app errors, or somehow you feel that your phone is running slower and want to refresh the device then the best solution is to perform a factory reset to return the Google Pixel / XL back to the factory default mode. Through a factory reset, you can resolve various problems and can also perform other extraordinary things. By following this step by step guide your Google Pixel or XL should run faster and also better after you complete the wiping process.
This is an official way to factory reset your mobile, and the factory reset capability is featured by default on the Google Pixel or Pixel XL. Factory reset process will erase all data, apps, and settings from your device, but by using the factory reset operation, you can resolve a lot of problems like boot loops, lags, bugs, force close errors, screen freeze, total blackouts, signal strength issues, heating situations and much more. But even if it might sound strange, making a wipe can turn out to be a lifesaver to your Google Pixel or XL. In this process, the main risk in related with your data so takes a full backup of your critical data before proceeding. If you are interested in the factory reset, we have to ways to factory reset your Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
Steps to Hard Reset the Google Pixel or Pixel XL
Method No 1
- The first way that you can use tries to hard reset your phone through the recovery mode menu.
- Therefore, first, you will have to power off your device.
- Then, reboot recovery mode on your Google Pixel XL.
- In recovery use the Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll within the available options and the Power key to select your option.
- Select “wipe data factory reset.”
- Please note that you can also choose “wipe cache partition” and “wipe Dalvik cache.” to clear app data cache.
- Finally, go back to the main recovery menu and select “Reboot system now.”
- That’s all.
Method No 2
- This second solution is to use the Google Pixel XL built-in settings.
- Therefore, you first have to power on your device.
- From its main screen tap on Menu and select Settings.
- Under Settings, choose the Backup&Restore option.
- From there, tap on the Factory data reset the field.
- Also, choose Reset phone.
- You will need to pick Erase Everything when you are ready to initiate the wiping process.
- Agree with all the other alerts, if there are any.
- The hard reset will be now automatically completed – so wait while the process is performed.
- In the end, reboot your Google Pixel XL and enjoy.
Perfect. You can now hard reset your Google Pixel XL anytime you want. Use the comments field from below and let us know how things worked for you.