Some users are having trouble updating their OnePlus 9 Pro devices to OxygenOS, which is the latest Android version.
This article provides an easy step-by-step guide on how to update your OnePlus device to OxygenOS without bricking it.
OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro running OxygenOS: Step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing ColorOS 12 (Android 12):
The ColorOS 12 stable update is rolling out to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro smartphones in China. It can be downloaded through the global OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro units. ColorOS is a customized version of the Android operating system developed by OnePlus.
It has several features that are not available on the standard Android OS. Some of these features include a new lock screen, app drawer, and default launcher.
The OnePlus 9 and Oneplus 9 Pro can be updated to ColorOS 12 stable via OTA to build number C.36. This update will be available to global units running OxygenOS 12 Open beta 1.
The ColorOS 12 skin is available on the new OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro devices. If you’re interested in using it on your OnePlus 9 phone, we’ll tell you how to download and install the ColorOS 12 update.
Before installing the ColorOS 12 update, download the following files:
· OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 – Download
· Local Update Apk – Download
· ColorOS 12 – C.36 update – Download
How to Download/Install ColorOS 12 on OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro
The following method can only be used to root the OxygenOS 12 open beta 1 and 2 smartphones running the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
OxygenOS 12 open beta is released now because there are many bug fixes and performance improvements in the new version of Oxygen OS. However, if you are running the latest version of OxygenOS 184.108.40.206, you need to downgrade first before installing the latest open beta and it should be one of your priorities to do so as soon as possible to avoid any inconvenience later on.
- Firstly, you must download and install the Local Update App
- Now you can install OxygenOS 12 open beta 1/2 apk locally
- Download ColorOS 12 C.36 from the ColorOS website
- If you have completed the download, you should move the ColorOS 12 C.36 zip file to your internal storage.
- Click on the Local update app that you just installed
- To access the gear menu, tap the gear icon in the top right corner
- Then, select the file you would like to update locally.
- · Rebooting the device may take some time. Please be patient.
- · ColorOS 12 skin is now available.
These were the easy steps to download and install Android 12 based ColorOS on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro running OxygenOS. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues regarding above guide.