Verizon rolled out the latest Android OS version 5.1.1 Lollipop for the Samsung’s flagship device Galaxy Tab 8.0 LTE-A. This new update comes with build number T337VVRU3BOH2 including a newer version of KNOX, an auto-update feature in Galaxy Apps as well as Reactivation Lock and security improvements. T337VVRU3BOH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop updates are available over the air, and an update notification can hit your tablet anytime soon, but it may take a couple of days before the OTA reaches everyone globally because this update is being released in stages and all the users might not get it altogether. You can check the update notifications in the Settings > About Device > Software updates.
So if you can’t wait until the official update available in your country and want to install T337VVRU3BOH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy Tab 8.0 LTE-A then go ahead and follow the given instructions to flash all the new Lollipop firmware files to experience a lot of new features and tweaks to improve the overall performance of your Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A.
The given instructions and firmware file are compatible with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A devices only. If the model number of your tablet is SM-T337V then proceed, otherwise not. You can check the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Device.
DroidGuides will not be held liable in case of any mishap, or damaged occurred to your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 T337VVRU3BOH2 Lollipop update. Proceed at your risk.
- Take a proper backup of all your existing data and settings like SMS, MMS, APN Settings, Call Logs, Contacts and Audio, Video files. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to disable Samsung KIES and antivirus on your computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging on your tablet from Settings > Developer Options > Check USB Debugging Option.
- Note: If the Developer Option is not enabled on your device then go to Settings > About Phone and on the Build Number for tap seven times.
- If you have already rooted your tablet, then the root access will be removed after the installation of this stock firmware.
- Any custom recovery installed on your device will be replaced with a stock version.
- Remember that the battery level of your device should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download the T337VVRU3BOH2 Android 5.1.1 ROM
- Download Odin3 v3.10.6
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 T337VVRU3BOH2 Lollipop Update for Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A:
Follow the given steps to update Galaxy Tab 8.0 LTE-A to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop T337VVRU3BOH2 firmware:
Step No 1: – First, download the T337VVRU3BOH2 Android 5.1.1 stock firmware file for your Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A and Odin3 v3.10.6 on the desktop of the above-given links.
Step No 2: – Extract both of the zipped files in a folder on your PC. You’ll get a tar.md5 firmware file with the same T337VVRU3BOH2 firmware version in its title.
Step No 3: – Switch OFF the Galaxy Tab 4 to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Switch ON the phone by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons altogether.
Step No 5: – Run Odin3 v3.10 on the PC (as Administrator).
Step No 6: – As the Galaxy Tab 4 is currently in Download Mode, connect it to PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue in Odin after the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted and placed on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 8: – Don’t forget to check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
9: – In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to be finished.
Step No 10: – Once the flashing process completes, the Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 will be automatically rebooted.
Step No 11: – Unplug Tab 4 from the PC after the home screen appears.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A to Android 5.1.1 T337VVRU3BOH2 Lollipop official build.
Let us know in the comments area below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this Android 5.1.1 stock Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy Tab 4.
If your Galaxy Tab 4 enters into a boot loop, then you should “Factory Reset” the device. Turn it OFF and boot into Recovery Mode. Wipe Data / Factory Reset > Confirm the data wipe and reboot the device in normal mode.