These are the instructions on how to root LG G5 (H850) and install TWRP Recovery on it. Keep in mind that the bootloader of your device should be unlocked before proceeding to the given guide to root your LG G5 and install TWRP recovery. Also please confirm that currently there is no way to install the stock unrooted system so proceed at your own risk and staying rooted.
This guide containing instructions can be used LG G5 with model number H850 (European variant). Do not try this guide on other devices or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG G5 (H850) during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like Contacts, Settings, Call Logs, SMS, MMS and media content etc.
- The bootloader of your LG G5 H850 should be unlocked.
- ADB and Fastboot driver should be installed on your PC.
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Option. For this first enable Developer Options on your device by navigating to Settings app > About Phone > Software Info. Now tap on Build Number several times (7 times to be exact). A message will be appeared saying “You are now a Developer“. Now you have the option to enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is about 70% before proceeding
- Download TWRP for LG G5
- Download SuperSU2.65.zip
Steps To Root LG G5 (H850) and Install TWRP Recovery:
1:- First, download the SuperSU.zip file from the above link on the desktop of your PC and transfer it to the external SD card of your phone.
2:- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable and type the given command in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot window to Reboot your device into Bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
3:- Next, download the TWRP .img file from the given above link and move it to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder. Type the following command to install TWRP on your LG G5:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-h850.img
4:- Note: Boot your LG G5 into TWRP for it to stick to your device. Booting your device into Android TWRP may replace with a stock recovery. So disconnect the USB cable and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button simultaneously.
5:- Once in TWRP, select Install and navigate to the external storage where you have placed the SuperSU zip file. Now choose the SuperSU zip file and swipe to confirm the installation.
6:- Reboot to System.
Done! You have rooted your LG G5 and installed TWRP on it. You can now customize your LG G5.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble.