We are going to share a detailed guide on how to root Motorola Moto E4 and install TWRP Recovery on it. If you wish to get root access on the Motorola Moto E4 Android system then you’ll be glad to know that it can now be easily achieved since TWRP recovery is available and you can use it to root these devices.
Gaining root access on the Motorola Moto E4 is only possible using a custom recovery image. If you have not yet installed a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP on your phone then here is how to install TWRP recovery on the Moto E4. Also, make sure that Moto E4 has an unlocked bootloader before proceeding to the installation guide. We have given the complete steps to root Moto E4, the risks implied and the essential pre-requisites that must be applied. Follow the given guidance on how to root Motorola Moto E4 and install TWRP Recovery.
After getting root access over the internal filesystem of your Android phone, you can install custom ROMs like Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android on your Moto E4. You can remove bloatware and start-up programs for bumping speeds as well as you can install root-only apps and software from other sources than Google Play, overclock/undervolt CPU frequencies, add MODs, custom kernels and much more.
This tutorial is working with the Motorola Moto E4 (Snapdragon variant). Don’t use it if you own the MediaTek model instead as you can end up in soft bricking your smartphone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Moto E4 is about 70 to 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns and soft related problems can cause malfunctions on your smartphone.
- The bootloader of your phone must be unlocked.
- The latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP recovery must be installed on your phone.
- Make a proper and complete backup of all your existing data as the root process might wipe the data from your Moto E4.
- Enable USB Debugging Option on your phone by navigating to Developer Options – > Settings
- Note: Enable Developer Options: go to About Phone and tap repeatedly on Built Number until you receive the ‘you are a developer’ message.
- Download the Magisk v14 file from here
- The no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file from this page.
How to Root Motorola Moto E4:
1: Enter recovery mode on your phone and choose “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition” and by “wipe davik cache”.
2: Go back to the main recovery menu and select Reboot.
3: Download the Magisk v14 file and the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file from the above-given links on the desktop of your computer.
4: Next, connect your Moto E4 with your PC using its USB data cable.
5: Copy/Paste the downloaded files to the root folder of your SD card on the phone that you have already placed on the desktop of your computer. Once done, unplug the USB.
6: Power OFF your phone and go to recovery mode once again.
7: As your device is in Recovery Mode, tap on Install and pick the no-verity-opt-encrypt file and swipe in order to begin the flashing process.
8: After installing the no-verity-opt-encrypt file, install Magisk v14 by repeating the above step.
9: Once the installation process is completed, go back to the main menu of recovery and tap on Reboot.
These were the simple steps to root Motorola Moto E4 and install TWRP Recovery on it.
Done! You have successfully rooted Moto E4. Enjoy.
To verify that either your Moto E4 is rooted or not, download Root Checker app from Google Play for checking your phone’s root status.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or trouble while rooting your Motorola Moto E4.