Rooting an Android device is important if you need customizations and enhanced Android OS experience. Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 users will be happy to know that a new root solution is now available to unlock the latest Android Oreo OS running on Galaxy A7 2017. Follow the given guide for making things work without hassle. You may already know that if your device is rooted then the root access gets revoked if you manually install a new official firmware update. All you need to flash the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A7 first. As this root process is only possible if a custom recovery image (TWRP Recovery) is installed on your device. But if your Galaxy A7 has already TWRP installed then you can skip the TWRP installation process and proceed to the root operation instead.
Remember that the root access means an unlocked Android system. In short, after rooting your Android device, all the factory and default restrictions will be removed and you can tweak your smartphone by applying other dedicated custom operations like setting up a custom ROM firmware (Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android), removing bloatware and startup programs, installing third-party apps from other sources than Google Play, adding features that you cannot find on the stock Android software, flashing custom MODs and kernels, overclocking / undervolting your Android device etc.
This guide can be used to root the Galaxy A7 2017 running on Android Oreo firmware. This root method is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 2017.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy A7 2017 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy A7 2017.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy A7 2017 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A7 2017 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy A7 2017, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 running on Android Oreo:
Follow the given steps to install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy A7 2017 and after that, we’ll proceed to the rooting process.
How to Install TWRP Recovery:
1. Download the TWRP recovery and Odin tool files for Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 from the downloads section above and save them on the desktop of your PC.
2. Now, run the Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and follow on-screen prompts for resuming the installation process.
3. Power OFF your device and then enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
4. Now, connect your Galaxy A7 with your PC using its USB data cable.
5. If the USB drivers are correctly installed on your PC then you should receive the ‘added’ message while the ID:COM field will turn yellow or blue.
6. In the Odin tool, click on the AP button and select the TWRP recovery package.
7. Make sure that the F. Reset option is checked and the rest of fields like Auto Reboot or Re-Partition are not checked.
8. Click on the Start button in Odin and wait for the custom recovery image installation process completes.
9. A “Pass” message will appear and the ID:COM section turn green. Now, disconnect the USB cable and reboot your phone.
How to Root Galaxy A7 2017:
1. After the TWRP installation completes successfully, download the other files; np-verity encryption disabler, rmm bypass file, and the root exploit (Magisk Tool) from the downloads section above. Save all these files on the desktop of your PC.
2. Turn OFF the device and reboot your Android device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up + Home buttons altogether for a few seconds.
3. While your device is in Recovery Mode, select ‘wipe data factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ and ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
4. Go back to the main Recovery menu and select to reboot into Android Mode.
5. Connect your Galaxy A7 with your PC using its USB data cable.
6. Copy/Paste the downloaded files from your PC to the smartphone.
7. After transferring your files to Galaxy A7 2017, unplug the USB cord and go to recovery mode menu again.
8. Now, in TWRP recovery, tap on Install.
9. Select the RMM-Bypass package and flash it and then, do the same thing with np-verity encryption disabler and Magisk app.
10. Once done, navigate to the main recovery menu and choose ‘reboot system now’.
Done! These were the simple instructions on how to root Galaxy A7 2017 running on Android Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any trouble or questions.