Here is how to update Galaxy S4 LTE (I9505) to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with Resurrection Remix ROM. Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is now available to download for Galaxy S4 LTE (I9505) with the Resurrection Remix ROM. The most popular Resurrection Remix team has released Resurrection Remix ROM which is based on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. Remix ROM means that many features are added in this ROM are taken from the other popular ROMs. So this amazing custom ROM comes with all the features of CyanogenMod 12 ROM and the stock Lollipop ROM including enhanced battery life, Heads up, Toast animations, Quick unlock and much more.
Here we’ve given a list of all its amazing mods and features included in this Resurrection Remix ROM:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bars dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from Cyanogen
- Included all CM 12 features
So if you want to get this latest mobile OS (Android 5.0.2) based Resurrection Remix ROM on your Galaxy S4 I9505 then follow this given tutorial carefully. Hence this is a custom ROM which has been developed by the third-party developers, not officially released by Samsung. Thus you’ll need to have a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP already installed on your Galaxy S4 to install this the ROM and Google apps package zipped files on it.
This tutorial containing the instructions and firmware download link is only working with the international variant of Galaxy S4 having model number GT-I9505. You can check the device’s model number from Settings > About Phone > Model Number.
DroidGuides will not be held responsible for any damage, or mishap occurred to your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 during or after the installation of Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Proceed at your risk.
- Make sure that you’ve taken proper backup of all your important data and settings on your device before proceeding with the installation of this custom ROM using a recommended custom recovery like ClockworkMod recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Make sure that you’ve correctly installed USB Drivers for the Galaxy S4 I9505 on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be rooted with the latest version of CWM recovery already installed.
- The Bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Verify the battery level of your Galaxy S4; it should be charged at least about 80% before going ahead with the installation instructions to prevent unexpected shutdowns during the firmware installation.
Steps to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
Follow the given step-by-step guide to update Galaxy S4 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix custom ROM:
1: – First, download Android 5.0 custom ROM (cm-Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.3.6-20150222-jfltexx.zip) for Galaxy S4 (I9505) on the desktop of the PC.
2: – Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
3: – Transfer Android 5.0.2 Resurrection Remix ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
4: – Unplug the Galaxy S4 (I9505) from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
5: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
6: – While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note: – wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
7: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
8: – Navigate to the Android 5.0.2 Resurrection Remix custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any query or problem regarding the above tutorial to install Resurrection Remix ROM based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Galaxy S4.