Do you want to update your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F to 8.0.0 Android O Oreo? And you are in search of a tutorial for this? Then all you need is here to stay! Because we have a complete tutorial and by following the given guide, you will be able to successfully install Android O 8.0.0 on Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F Oreo Custom Firmware. The stock firmware that has been released for Samsung Galaxy S6 officially and no tweaks are there which can slow down your device. This amazing Android O Oreo Custom ROM comes to market with tons of new features worth trying on your phone.
If you are installing the Custom Firmware for the first time, we know that all you want is to ensure your installation process go as smooth as possible, so before we actually proceed with the process, there are certain steps needed to be carried out initially and those steps are mentioned below for an ease in the process completion right from the start until the end.
NOTE: This process of Custom ROM installation is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM–G920F. Do not apply it to any other incorrect variant! It is possible because you may hold some other variant/model of Samsung Galaxy S6 according to your region where it has been purchased.
If you are unsure about your phone’s model, you can check it as Phone Settings> tap on About Device / About Phone and note down what is written under the model number. If the model number is G920F then go ahead, otherwise not.
WARNING: We, the team AndroidBlog, shall not be held responsible in case of any damage if occurs to your Samsung Galaxy S6 during or after the installation of this Custom ROM. Kindly, proceed at your own risk!
Steps To Be Followed Before The Installation Process:
Need a Backup:
All your data on the phone can be wiped out while installing this 8.0.0 Oreo-based Custom ROM, just like a brand new phone. And of course, you do not want this happen. To be on the safe side, you need a proper backup for your device. Many resources are available for such backup procedures of your phone’s contacts, messages, audios, videos, other important official files etc. These include the Gapps (Google apps for backups), Nandroid recovery, Samsung KIES to name a few.
Need of installing USB Drivers on your PC:
You have to make sure that you have installed the Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Drivers on your computer properly.
Need for USB Debugging Mode:
You need to enable the USB Debugging Mode if you are facing any problems connecting your Android phone to the computer. For this go to Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging Option.
Need of at least 70% Charge:
You need to keep your phone charged at least 70% because if your phone goes off during the installation process, your phone can go dead forever or it might get bricked. You do not want this right? Thus, keep your phone charged!
Here you are done with the primary steps, now let’s jump directly to the main installation process of Android8.0.0 O Oreo on your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F.
- Download 8.0.0 Android O ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps To Install Android O 8.0.0 on Galaxy S6 G920F Oreo Custom Firmware:
- Download “Android 8.0.0 O ROM” and “Google apps” on the desktop of your computer from the above-given links.
- Using the USB cable, connect and mount your “Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Memory” to your PC.
- Now copy/paste the already downloaded files of “ROM” and “Gapps” in zipped from the computer to your phone. These zipped files should be in the root folder of memory card.
- Now switch your phone OFF and disconnect it from the computer.
- Switch ON your phone while pressing and holding Volume UP + Hold + Power buttons together to get into the recovery mode.
- Once you have entered into the “TWRP recovery”, by pressing the Wipe button, perform a full data wipe. Then on the “Swipe To Factory Reset” option at the bottom, swipe it.
- Press the install button in the main menu, select the zipped file from the list that you copied to your phone memory.
- By swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen, confirm installation, the installation procedure should get a start now.
- The above steps should be repeated to flash “Google apps” zipped files as well.
- Now you can reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your Samsung Galaxy S6 may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after flashing a new “ROM”. Please be patient.
This is all! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F to 8.0.0 Android O Oreo.
If you have found this article helpful to you, we are pleased we have helped you out in this. Kindly let us know through your comments!