Moto E is one of the cheapest Android smartphones by Motorola. Motorola is a Google company and this strongest contender smartphone carrying a brilliant hardware configuration of 1 GB RAM, 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Cortex-A7 processor, Adreno 302 GPU, a 4.3” Gorilla Glass display, delivered with KitKat 4.4.2.
Here’s how to update Moto E to KitKat 4.4.4 as developers at the XDA forums who have already bought the KitKat 4.4.4 taste to the device via a Custom ROM. Cybojenix has bought SlimKat ROM based on KitKat 4.4.4 for Moto E. The SlimKat ROM favourite for a lot of features, customization, software enhancements and much more. Below we’ve given some more SlimKat ROM features.
SlimKat ROM Features:
- Camera enhancements: Camera app includes an enormous number of mods and quality boosts.
- Slim Recents: Completely overhauled Recents panel for a better multi-tasking experience.
- Quick Setting tiles: Modify what tiles you want, add, remove or even adjust the quantity.
- Shortcuts: You have shortcuts everywhere to access your personalised apps including the notification and lock screen area.
- SlimPie: It’s similar to Pie control, yet is different in several aspects.
- The Real Dark Slim: Slim ROM’s UI enhancement which will turn your device theme to dark, completely, with just one click.
AndroidXDA will be not responsible for any damage or loss to your Moto E as installing a Custom ROM may break your device’s warranty. Proceed at your risk.
- Create a backup of all your valuable data, such as Messages, Call Logs, Contacts and Media Files, etc.
- Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked, and TWRP Recovery installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging on your Moto E
- Download & Install USB Drivers
- Your Moto E battery should be charged about 70 to 80%
Steps To Update Moto E to KitKat 4.4.4 via SlimKat ROM
Step No 1: Download Slimkat v1.0 Beta 6
Step No 2: Download the latest Slim Gapps and Addons
Step No 3: After downloading the above files, connect your Moto E to the PC via USB cable.
Step No 4: Move the downloaded ROM, GApps, Addons files to a safe location on your device.
Step No 5: Open command prompt window and boot your Moto E into recovery mode by giving the following command.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 6: Now tap on Wipe and check the boxes corresponding to the next, then slide the button at the bottom of the screen.
Step No 7: Tap on Install after moving back to the main TWRP screen.
Step No 8: Select all the zips from the location where you have transferred on your device and choose the ROM zip.
9: Tap on Add More Zips button and choose the GApps zip.
Step No 1o: Now start the flashing process by sliding the button at the bottom, this process may take some time to be finished.
Step No 11: Reboot your Moto E by navigating to Reboot and then tap on System.
That’s All! You’ll get a new and updated SlimKat ROM based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat after rebooting your Moto E.
Do let us know that how you’re feeling while using the first ever Custom ROM for the Moto E. Many users have installed and used this ROM and they found it highly functional and way far from bugs. Feel free to report at the XDA thread and tell us in the comments area below.