The Google Nexus 6P are now getting the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware update because Google has now started rolling out the Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nexus 6P devices. Nexus 6P users can flash the latest Android Nougat. This latest update comes with various sweet handy features and improvements to enhance the stability and performance of your Nexus 6P. Google roll out new updates in a staggered manner, it may take some time to reach in your region. If you can’t wait till then, you can install Nougat official update manually. Android 7.1.1 Nougat update brings the December security patch that fixed many issues and bugs.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily install the latest official Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware on your Nexus 6P to enjoy the new features on your phone. This latest update comes with exclusive features like circular app icons, GIF keyboard, app shortcuts similar to Apple’s 3D touch, Reset button, Google Wallpaper app and much more. If you are interested in updating your Nexus 6P to the Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the Google Nexus 6P model. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
DroidGuides will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 6P during or after the installation of Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Nexus 6P, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Nexus 6PDrivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Nexus 6P by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- This official Android 7.1.1 update cannot be flashed over rooted firmware nor over any custom ROMs.
- Do not install NRD90M Nougat OS over any older Marshmallow firmware than the MOB30W version
- You need to install the Android 7.1.1 NRD90M firmware over the latest Marshmallow 6.0.1 MOB30W software version only.
- If the Nexus 6P will no longer belong to a rooted version once the stock firmware is installed.
- Your device has to be running 100% stock Android firmware.
- Check the battery level of your Nexus 6P, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Google Nexus 6P:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 7.1.1 Nougat file from the above link on the desktop of your computer.
Step No 2: – Rename the downloaded file to update.zip.
Step No 3: – Transfer the update.zip file to platform-tools folder.
Step No 4: – Power OFF the Nexus 6P to boot into Recovery Mode.
Power ON the phone by pressing and holding Power + Volume UP + Home buttons on your Nexus 6P at the same time.
Step No 5: – Choose the apply update from ADB option.
Step No 6: – Connect your Nexus 6P to PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 7: – Launch a command prompt within the platform-tools folder.
Step No 8: – Type the following command and hit Enter:
adb sideload update.zip
9: – Confirm to begin the flashing process of Android 7.1.1 on Nexus 6P.
Step No 10: – Once done, reboot your phone in normal mode.
That’s All! You have successfully installed the Android 7.1.1 update on your Nexus 6P Smartphone.