Android Ice Cold Project (AICP Team) developed a new custom firmware, based on Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) to taste the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195. AICP custom ROM comes with the latest features offered by Google, AOSP, extra goodies from AICP and new Material Design. You can get more information from this development thread about the AICP ROM released by Isdty (senior XDA member). This custom firmware is available to install on the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 (3G & LTE). So if you want to install AICP custom firmware based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Galaxy S4 Mini, then go ahead and follow the given instructions carefully.
AICP custom ROM is developed by the third-party developers which is not officially released by Samsung. You’ll need to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed to flash this ROM on your Galaxy S4 Mini. Please note that this is an unofficial custom firmware so you might get some bugs with this ROM.
The given AICP custom ROM in this guide is only working with Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (3G/LTE) model number I9195. Do not try to flash this firmware on any incorrect device, as a result it might brick your device. Check the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About phone > Model number.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S4 Mini before or after the installation of AICP custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all your important data and settings on your Galaxy S4 Mini using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options.
- If you can’t see the Developer Options then go to Settings > About phone. Tap 7 times on the build number. This will enable the Developer options. Just enable USB debugging mode from there.
- Your phone should be rooted.
- The Galaxy S4 Mini has a custom recovery already installed.
- Check the battery level of your device, it should have at least about 80% charged to prevent shutdowns while flashing this custom ROM on the phone.
Steps to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 Mini (3G/LTE) using AICP ROM:
Follow the given installation instructions to install the AICP ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 Mini manually.
1:- First, download AICP Android 5.0.2 custom ROM and Google Apps package .zip files on your PC.
2:- Now plug your phone with the PC using its USB data cable and copy the downloaded .zip files to the root folder of your SD card of the device.
3:- Disconnect the Galaxy S4 Mini from the PC and power it off in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
4:- BNow power on the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time.
5:- In the CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/ factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
CWM Recovery → Advanced → wipe dalvik cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while installing firmware.
6:- Navigate to main menu of recovery and choose install zip from sdcard → choose zip from sdcard.
7:- Locate the AICP Lollipop ROM .zip, that you’ve already transferred to root folder of your SD Card. Select it with the Power button. Confirm the flashing process to begin.
8:- Install Google Apps (Gapps) Package after the installation of the custom firmware by following the above 2 steps.
9:- Reboot your Galaxy S4 Mini from the Recovery Menu → reboot system now
You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using AICP ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or query while flashing AICP custom ROM on your Galaxy S4 (3G & LTE).
Device seems to lag a bit and does not have much space once installed. When using links2sd I find some apps disappear.
Otherwise it is OK