Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 owners can now taste the latest Android Marshmallow version on their devices. Although, Galaxy S4 is an old Samsung’s flagship device that might not get the new software updates from the company but thanks to custom ROM developers that still it is possible to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on these smartphones. One of the most popular custom ROMs, Resurrection Remix custom firmware based on Google’s OS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is now available for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 which comes with usual Resurrection Remix goodies. Many users have tested the ROM and reported it working fine, stable and running fast.
If you want to update your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Marshmallow Custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given detailed guide. All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery pre-installed on your phone in order to flash the Resurrection Remix ROM and Google Apps package and it should be rooted, otherwise you’ll not be able to install custom ROMs. Before proceeding to the installation guide, take a proper backup of all your important data and settings.
Checkout the Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Marshmallow ROM features:
Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Marshmallow ROM Features:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from CyanogenMod
- All CM 13 features included
This guide containing the Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix custom ROM and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505. Check the model number of your device first by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
DroidGuides will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that you’ve taken proper backup of all your important data and settings on your device before proceeding to the installation of this custom ROM using a recommended custom recovery like ClockworkMod recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that you’ve properly installed USB Drivers for the Galaxy S4 I9505 on the PC.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be rooted with the latest version of CWM recovery already installed.
- The Bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Verify the battery level of your Galaxy S4, it should be charged at least about 80% before going ahead to the installation instructions to prevent unexpected shutdowns while the firmware installation.
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
Follow the given instructions to install the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware on on your Galaxy S4 LTE via Resurrection Remix ROM:
1:- First, download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix ROM (ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.0-20151218-jfltexx.zip) for Galaxy S4 LTE (I9505) on the desktop of the PC.
2:- Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
3:- Copy/paste Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM .zip file to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
4:- Disconnect the Galaxy S4 LTE from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up +Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:-wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
8:- Navigate to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
9:- Now install Google Apps package by following the above steps.
10:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
That’s All! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S4 I9505 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or question regarding the above guide.