Samsung has already stopped the official firmware updates for old flagship devices such as Samsung Galaxy S2. Now the only way to continue using the latest official Android OS version is custom ROM. XenonHD is now available for the Galaxy S2 I9100 which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. This ROM is built from the AOSP source and you can easily download it from the given link below as well as you can install XenonHD Nougat custom ROM on your Galaxy S2 by following the given detailed guide.
Many users have installed Android 7.1.2 XenonHD Nougat custom firmware and found it very stable, super fast and come with amazing performance. Checkout our Custom ROM section if you wish to download Android 7.1.2 Nougat for other smartphones or tablets. Please keep in mind that this custom ROM is not officially released by Samsung so you will need to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP pre-installed on your phone in order to flash AOSP 7.1.2 Nougat custom firmware and Google Apps package.
Proceed to the given detailed step-by-step guide and begin installing XenonHD 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on Galaxy S2. Always remember to backup all your existing data.
XenonHD Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM Features:
- XenonHD Changelog
- NovaLauncher, Adaway, Kernel Adiutor, SuperSU
- Root, adb, dev options, advanced reboot & installing apks enabled by default
- Pixel UI, navbar, wallpaper
- Material sounds & icons
- DayNight theme
- Network indicator & battery bar in status bar
- Live Volume Steps
- DT2S on lockscreen
- Custom Quick Settings Tiles
- Removed unnecessary things
- Under the hood improvements and optimizations
The XenonHD 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Galaxy S2 I9100. Check the model number of your Galaxy S2 I9100 from Settings > About Phone.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy S2 I9100 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S2 I9100 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Galaxy S2 I9100 should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your S2 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Galaxy S2 I9100 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- Download XenonHD Android 7.1.2 ROM
- Download Google Apps
How To: Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XenonHD 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM
Step No 1: – First, download XenonHD 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 on the desktop of the PC.
Step No 2: – Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3: – Transfer XenonHD 7.1.2 Nougat ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Unplug the Galaxy S2 I9100 from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: – While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note: – Wipe Dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors during ROM installation.
Step No 7: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
Step No 8: – Navigate to the XenonHD 7.1.2 Nougat ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S2 I9100 will be reset and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to XenonHD 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions regarding the above given detailed guide.