The new Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H. You can now update your Samsung Galaxy J5 to Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 ROM (j53gxx). This is an early unofficial Lineage OS 16 For Samsung Galaxy J5 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Thanks to the developer for developing and sharing the ROM download link. If you want to enjoy the exciting features of the latest Google’s mobile OS then go ahead and proceed to download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery.
Let’s talk about the hardware specification of Samsung Galaxy J5. It’s a mid-range specifications phone that comes with a large 5-inch display with a screen resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels. Galaxy J5 has a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM. It brings a 13 MP main camera on the rear side. The phone has 8 GB of internal memory and you can expand it via microSD card. The device runs Android 6.0.1 out of the box containing 2600 mAh non-removable battery. Go ahead and follow the given guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 ROM on Galaxy J5 to unlock more amazing features.
These are some of the highlighted features Android 9.0 Pie (Official Lineage OS 16.0) comes with. Overall Lineage OS is one the best and most popular Custom ROMs available for Android.
The Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 ROM Features:
- New Wallpaper Themes
- Digital Wellbeing
- Redesigned Power Menu
- Adaptive battery
- Gesture-based Navigation
- Adaptive brightness.
Don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding. Because while installing Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy J5, your entire data will be wiped clean. If you want to install Lineage OS 16 ROM on Galaxy J5 based on Android 9.0 Pie then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Galaxy J5 only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
DroidGuides will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- How to Backup Important Data on Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy J5 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for Galaxy J5 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
How to Install Unofficial Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 ROM on Galaxy J5:
- First, download the Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy J5 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- Follow the given guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (3 Methods).
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 Custom ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy J5 Custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 ROM on Galaxy J5.