Good news for all Motorola Moto Z users, now you can download and install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z. If you are the owner of Moto Z and want to taste Android 9.0 P ROM on Moto Z then you are at right place. The Android P is the upcoming operating system for Android devices and it has been released only for Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL devices. All thanks to the XDA Recognized developer erfanoabdi for successfully modifying the system image from the Google Pixel XL and able to boot an unofficial port of Android P for the Motorola Moto Z. This latest ROM comes with many Android P features and changes. After upgrading your device to the latest Android 9.0 P OS, you give a new look to your smartphone.
The Android PROM is the smooth and stable build enough to use as a daily driver as most of the functionality working with few bugs. By following this simple and easy step by step guide, you can quickly install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z. Your device should be rooted and have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM already installed on it, in order to install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z ROM and Google Apps package. The ROM is initial build, so it may miss many features but don’t worry about that they will be improved with time. But the good things are that you can enjoy all the features of Android P and get the experience of latest Android OS on your own device.
Before proceeding don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you to install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Android P Developer Preview ROM and instructions are working only for the Moto Z handsets. Do not try to install this firmware on anyone other devices or incorrect variant.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any damage occurred to your Moto Z during or after the installation of this Android P Developer Preview ROM. Proceed at your risk.
- Take a proper backup of all your valuable data and setting on your phone before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Make sure that you have correctly installed the correct Moto Z USB drivers on your PC.
- The latest version of a TWRP recovery should be already installed on the device.
- The battery level of your Moto Z should be at least about 70% before going ahead with the instructions.
Check Popular Guides
- Download Gapps for Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo [How To Install]
- How To Root LG Nexus 5X on Android 8.1 Oreo OPM5 Factory Image
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 3/4 [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- How To Update Galaxy A5 2015 To Android 7.1 Nougat via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on ZUK Z2 [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Update Xiaomi Mi Mix To Android 8.1 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM
- Install Resurrection Remix Oreo Android 8.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Steps to Install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z:
1: – First, download the Android P Developer Preview ROM, and Google Apps package zipped files from the above-given links, on the desktop of your PC.
2: – Connect the Moto Z with PC using its USB data cable and transfer the downloaded files to the root folder of internal phone’s storage.
3: – Disconnect the device and turn it off to boot into recovery mode (TWRP).
4: – Turn on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys at the same time. Once the TWRP logo appears, you have successfully booted into the recovery.
5: – As your Moto Z is in TWRP recovery, perform a nandroid backup and select the System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS options.
6: – Navigate to the main menu of TWRP recovery and tap on the install option. Locate the ROM .zip file that you have already transferred to the internal storage of your phone earlier. Select it.
7: – Proceed with the installation by swiping the confirmation button to install the ROM.
8: – Install Google Apps package on your phone by repeating the above steps.
9: – Once the flashing process completes successfully, reboot system.
These were the easy steps to install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z.
Done! You have successfully installed Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z. If you have any issues or queries regarding above-given guide, then tell us in the comments section below.