With the latest build of a brand new official SNAPSHOT release of CM 13.0, LG G2 D802 users can now taste the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and can enjoy it. This CM13 ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you’d like to flash this new custom ROM on your phone, then follow the given instructions listed in this post, as you will learn that how to successfully install the new ROM file from your phone’s TWRP Recovery Mode menu.
The latest version of a custom recovery such as a TWRP Custom Recovery has to be installed on the LG G2 to update this Custom ROM. Before proceeding to the installation guide, keep in mind that take a complete backup of your LG G2. If you are interested in flashing new official CM 13.0 Custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given guide.
This guide containing the CM 13.0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM and instructions are working with LG G2 (Model D802) only. Do not try to install this unofficial firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device first.
AndroidBlog will not be responsible for any damage occurred to your LG G2 D802 during or after the installation of CM 13.0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official custom build. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all your important data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
- Download and install LG G2 D802 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the LG G2 D802 on the PC by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check USB Debugging option.
- The LG G2 D802 should be rooted with the latest version of custom recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your G3 should be unlocked.
- The latest version of CWM or TWRP custom recovery must be installed on LG G2 D802.
- Check the battery level of your device; it should be charged at least about 80% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while installing the CM 13.0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM.
- Download CM13.0 Custom ROM For LG G2 D802
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM 13.0 custom ROM on LG G2 D802:
Step No 1: – First, download the CM 13.0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM (Download cm-13.0-20160820-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO0J0-d802.zip) and Google Apps package from the above links on the desktop of your computer.
Step No 2: – Make a connection between your LG G2 D802 and computer using USB data cable.
Step No 3: – Transfer the downloaded files to your phone.
Step No 4: – Once the files are copied, disconnect the device from the PC.
Step No 5: – Power off your device to boot into recovery mode.
Step No 6: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
Step No 7: – When the LG logo appears, release the keys and immediately press Power and Volume Down buttons again until the Hard Reset menu will be displayed.
Step No 8: – Press Power button once and confirm the hard reset operation. Done, your LG G2 will boot into recovery mode.
9: – Now select the “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe Dalvik cache” options.
Step No 10: – Go back to the main menu of Recovery. Select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
Step No 11: – Locate the download firmware file that you have already transferred to your phone and begin the installation process.
Step No 12: – Repeat the last step and flash the Google Apps package.
Step No 13: – Navigate to main recovery menu and choose “reboot system now”.
Done! You have successfully installed the CM 13.0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your LG G2. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.