In this guide we will show you how to download and install ColorOS 12 update on Oppo devices. This version of the Oppo proprietary Android skin is based on Android 12.
The new version of this skin comes in with a lot of new features and customizing options. These include new Always on display features, new designs for the user interface, new icon pack, improved privacy and other goodies.
The update was first made available for the ColorOS 12 early adopters, for users of the Oppo Find X3 Pro. Since then, other Oppo devices have also received the update. More Oppo devices will also be receiving the update with time.
ColorOS 12 update on Oppo devices | ColorOS 12 based on Android 12
The ColorOS 12 beta program allows enthusiastic Oppo users to experience the ColorOS 12 on their devices prior to the official release of the software. They are able to get a taste of the features beforehand.
But like every other beta program, the software is relatively new and contains some bugs and issues. It is now for everyday users as there may be problems with various applications.
So it is advised that users do not install the early access firmware on their only on their secondary phone or their spare device.
So whenever the ColorOS 12 update is available for your device, then you can follow the steps given below to download and install the update on your device.
Also Read: OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for OnePlus Nord
Download ColorOS 12 Update:
- Before you start, make sure that your phone is charged up to at least 60% so that the process is not interrupted.
- Then you will need to update your device to the required version of the user interface.
- After that, you will need to enroll yourself into the Early Access for the software.
- For this, proceed to the Settings app on your phone.
- Head over to the software update section.
- Tap on the three dots icon situated on the top right corner of the page.
- Proceed to trial version.
- Tap on apply now and enter the required information.
Install ColorOS 12 Update on Oppo devices
After you have submitted the information they asked for, you will soon receive the ColorOS 12 update on your device. But it is worth noting that the beta program is based on a first come first serve basis.
There are only limited seats to make sure that the beta program goes smoothly. To install the ColorOS 12 update on Oppo devices, follow the steps given below:
- Proceed to the Settings app on your device.
- Head over to Software updates.
- Now if you had applied for the Early access correctly, there will be an update available for download.
- Now tap on Download. (If the update is not available, follow the steps in the previous section again.)
- After the download is completed, tap on install to initiate the installation.
- After around 30 minutes, the installation will be completed and your phone will reboot itself.
So that was it from our side on how to install ColorOS 12 update on Oppo devices. We hope that you found this guide helpful, let us know what you think in the comment section below.