Download and install EMUI 9.1 update for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X: Huawei started rolling out the latest EMUI 9.1 update for the Huawei Mate 20 series in China.
Huawei gives a fresh breath for the beta testers by releasing the new EMUI 9.1 update for Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X. The update is rolling out via OTA and comes with a bunch of improvements and latest April 2019 security patch. Huawei already releasing the EMUI 9.1 update for his newly launched devices Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Pro. Now is extending the EMUI 9.1 update to more devices in its portfolio, now the time to download and install your EMUI 9.1 update for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X.
Today in this article we share a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install EMUI 9.1 update for Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X. The EMUI 9.1 update is brings lots of features and customizations such as optimizations to HiVoice (which is Huawei’s voice assistant), incoming call videos for contacts, GPU Turbo 3.0 for better gaming performance, PC continuity features for enabling content sharing between the phone and Huawei Notebook, support for motion sensing games, displaying notifications from third-party apps and much more. Given below we share a detailed guide on how to download and install EMUI 9.1 update for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X.
The EMUI 9.1 update is only for the Chinese AL00 models of the device. The most recent update weight is very large which is 4.56GB in size, you must have a strong internet connection. This big update does not affect the base Android version. If you are interested in downloading and installing the EMUI 9.1 update for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X. Then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
- Keep your phone charged at about 70% to avoid any accidental shutdowns
- Backup all your data since this will erase all the data from your phone.
- Make sure you read the instructions carefully.
Guide To Download EMUI 9.1 update for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X:
1. Firstly, you need to download and install the official Friendly User Test app on your Huawei Mate 20 device. You can refer here to download the APK file.
2. If this is the first time you’re installing the third-party APK file, make sure to enable “Unknown Sources” from device main Settings.
3. On successful installation of the Huawei Friendly User Test app, you need to launch it and accept the terms and conditions displayed on the screen.
4. Next, log in to the app using your Huawei ID and password. If you haven’t created Huawei ID yet, then sign up from here.
5. Once you’re in the main screen of the app, select the ‘Personal’ tab and click on ‘Join Project’.
6. Go to the available projects and select the available project with the name “HUAWEI [Phone Model] Beta project”.
7. On successful submitting the request to join the EMUI 9.1 beta program, you will receive the update notification very soon.
Steps To Install EMUI 9.1 update for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X:
Step 1: After downloading the official update, by following the above method.
Step 2: Now connect your phone to the computer using its USB data cable and copy the downloaded .zip files to your phone.
Step 3: Turn OFF your phone and reboot into TWRP mode by pressing and holding Volume UP + Power keys for a few seconds.
Step 4: Proceed to the installation process, browse and locate the update.zip package and start flashing it. Once the update.zip is successfully installed, then flash the full data package.
Step 5: Navigate to the Main Menu and boot into the system normally.
Done! You have successfully updated your Huawei Mate 9 Lite to B364 Nougat firmware.