Download and install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix now. Finally, the wait is over and Xiaomi has launched MIUI 10 stock firmware update. Xiaomi Mi Mix was launched back in 2016 that comes with the craze of the “bezel-less display”. Everyone in the tech-space wanted to get their hands on the Xiaomi Mi Mix. You can now download and install the MIUI 10 which is available for Xiaomi Mi Mix. The latest MIUI 10 comes with many major and amazing UI design for the convenience of the users. Please keep in mind that this is the Beta version and might be not stable. But you can taste and enjoy various AI assisted features for an outstanding software experience. We expect that the stable version will arrive soon.
As we have mentioned that this is a beta version, thus you may face some minor bugs but you can still use it and report them to make MIUI 10 better. As Xiaomi has released the stable update to MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix. So follow the given guide to download and install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix. Before proceeding to the installation process, make a complete back up important data as the update installation may delete apps and data.
Let’s take a look at how you can get the MIUI 10 update on the Xiaomi Mi Mix.
How To Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix
You can find the direct links to download the latest MIUI 10 firmware update for Xiaomi Mi Mix. There are two different methods to install this firmware. The first method uses the local updater option within the Settings app.
You can grab the latest update for your Xiaomi Mi Mix from the link below. To install, follow any of the two guides below, although the simplest one is Method 1 below, that uses the local updater option within the Settings app. Method #2 requires an unlocked bootloader, which voids the warranty of the device. Well, updating the phone using system ROM is easiest. We would recommend you to use the Method #1. Go ahead and follow the given guide to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix.
- Local Update ROM | 1.4 GB [Mirror] Filename: miui_MIMIXGlobal_V10.0.1.0.OAHMIFH_9bf07533e3_8.0.zip
- Fastboot ROM | 1.6GB [Mirror] Filename: lithium_global_images_V10.0.1.0.OAHMIFH_20180831.0000.00_8.0_global_6af721a86e.tgz
Method 1: Using System Update Menu (Local Update)
1. First, download the System ROM recovery update file from the above link on your PC.
2. Connect your device using its USB data cable.
3. Move the update file to your Xiaomi Mi Mix.
4. Open the Settings app, and tap on About phone.
5. Tap on System update.
6. Tap on 3-dot menu button in the top right.
7. Tap on Choose update package.
8. Browse and select the update file that you have already downloaded. After selecting the file, the system will install it automatically after verifying the update.
9. Do confirm to allow installation when it asks for confirmation.
Method 2: Using Fastboot
If due to some reasons, the method does not work, you can use the following method to install it using the fastboot method.
1. All you need to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi Mix first.
2. Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.
3. Now, download the fastboot update file from the above link. Make sure that the downloaded file ends with .tgz extension (not .zip).
4. Power OFF Xiaomi Mi Mix and press the Volume + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Fastboot Mode.
5. Connect your Xiaomi Mi Mix to your PC using its USB data cable.
6. Double click on the downloaded ROM file and Extract it.
7. Open the file folder for the extracted package and copy its path on your PC.
8. Extract the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 2.
9. Double click on it to install MIUI ROM Flashing Tool on your PC.
10. Once the installation process completes, open MiFlash.exe file.
11. In its address bar, paste the folder path of the ROM file you copied above.
12. Click on the yellow circled-out button to refresh. MiFlash will automatically recognize your Xiaomi Mi Mix.
13. Click the red circled-out button to flash the ROM file to the phone.
Wait for the process to complete. As the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, indicates that the new system update is successfully installed on Xiaomi Mi Mix.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix will reboot automatically and you have the update running. These were the methods to download and install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or trouble while installing MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix.