Team OctOS has released a fully functional Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM for Nexus 5. Nexus 5 is no longer receiving official updates from Google but still, you can install the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Nexus 5 via OctOS custom ROM. This latest custom firmware brings OctOS features that made this custom ROM popular. Also, OctOS comes with some exclusive features and customizations. This ROM is not officially announced by Google / LG but just a custom ROM that’s why you may face some bugs and errors but we expect these bugs will be completely rectified in the final version. Your device must be rooted, and a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM) should be already installed on it.
By following this step by step guide, you can update your Nexus 5 to OctOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM. This latest custom ROM comes with a couple of more Android 7.1.1 Nougat features and brings some aftermarket features. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your important data. Because while flashing this custom ROM your entire data will be wiped clean. If you are interested in installing OctOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM on your Nexus 5 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Android 7.1.1 OctOS Nougat Custom Firmware Features:
- Substratum theme engine!
- Tentacles settings!
- Pixel Launcher
- Power menu options
- Screen record
- DPI settings
- Status bar time and date options
- Status bar network traffic indicator
- Status bar notification settings
- Quick tile settings
- Many quick tiles including Tentacles and KernelAdiutor-Mod
- Volume button playback control
- Volume button wake
The OctOS custom ROM in this guide is working only with LG Nexus 5 devices. Do not try these instructions for any other device or incorrect variant.
DroidGuides will not be responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 5 during or after the installation of Android 7.1.1 Nougat OctOS custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Enable USB debugging option by navigating to Settings > Applications. Tap on Developer Options to make sure that either USB Debugging is enabled or not.
- Download and install LG Nexus 5 USB drivers on your PC.
- The Nexus 5 device should be rooted.
- The latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP should be pre-installed on your device. Otherwise, you’ll not be able to install a custom ROM.
- The battery level of the phone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- Download OctOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM
- Download Google Apps Package
Steps To Flash OctOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on Nexus 5:
Step No 1: – Download the OctOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and Google Apps from the above links on your PC (probably on your desktop).
Step No 2: – Now, connect the LG Nexus 5 to your PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 3: – Transfer the downloaded ROM files to the root folder of your SD card on Nexus 5.
Step No 4: – Disconnect your Nexus 5 and turn it OFF to boot into recovery mode.
Step No 5: – Turn the device ON while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time. Highlight options using Volume keys and select them using the Power button.
Step No 6: – While the phone is now in recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also, wipe cache partition.
Step No 7: – Finally, perform wipe dalvik cache.
Step No 8: – Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the OctOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat file and confirm its installation.
9: – Repeat the same steps to install Google Apps package, once the ROM installation is finished successfully.
Step No 10: – Finally, go back to the main menu of recovery and select reboot system now.
You have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 Nougat OctOS custom ROM on LG Nexus 5.
Let us know in the comments section below in the case of any issue or query.