The latest official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is now available for the Galaxy S5 Mini devices. If you have Galaxy S5 Mini then you’ll be glad to know that you can now update your phone to the latest Lollipop version. This update can be installed on SM-G800R4 and SM-G800H models of Samsung Galaxy Mini that comes with build number G800R4VXU1BOI1 and G800HXXU1BOI2 respectively which was released for the USA, Russian and Indian variants previously. But if you are from any other region or cannot update your Galaxy S5 Mini via OTA due to some reasons then we have a step-by-step easy guide to update your S5 Mini to this latest Android Lollipop firmware.
G800R4VXU1BOI1 and G800HXXU1BOI2 updates comes with stability improvements and security updates. In this guide we’ll use Odin flashing tool to install the firmware but don’t forget to take backup of all your data before going ahead. Interested to get Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800R4 / SM-G800H? Proceed to the installation guide and follow the instructions carefully.
|Model name||GALAXY S5 mini|
|Build date||Tue, 01 Sep 2015 11:24:15 +0000|
This guide containing the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update can be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini model numbers SM-G800H and SM-G800R4 (USA, India and Russian variants) only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device first.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H / SM-G800R4 during or after the installation of G800R4VXU1BOI1 / G800HXXU1BOI2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S5 Mini, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Download and install the correct Galaxy S5 Mini USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your S5 Mini by navigate to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S5 Mini is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy S5 Mini, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Galaxy S5 Mini Android 5.1.1 Update for USA OI1 [SM-G800R4]
- Download Galaxy S5 Mini Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update for India OI2 [SM-G800H]
- Download Galaxy S5 Mini Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update for Russia OI2 [SM-G800H]
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7
How to Install Stock Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S5 Mini
1:- First, download the G800R4VXU1BOI1 / G800HXXU1BOI2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware and Odin tool (Odin3_v3.10.7.zip) for your Galaxy S5 on the desktop of the PC from the above given links.
- USA OI1 [SM-G800R4] G800R4VXU1BOI1_G800R4USC1BOI1_USC.zip
- India OI2 [SM-G800H] G800HXXU1BOI2_G800HODD1BOI3_INU.zip
- Russia OI2 [SM-G800H] G800HXXU1BOI2_G800HOXY1BOI2_SER.zip (1.2 GB)
2:- Extract the Android 5.1.1 firmware file to get .tar.md5 extension and also extract the Odin .zip file as well.
3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy S5 to boot into Download Mode.
4:- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time.
5:- Launch Odin3 v3.10.7 on the PC (as Administrator).
6:- As the Galaxy S5 is currently in Download Mode, connect it with PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue and “Added” message will be appear in Odin after phone is connected successfully.
7:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted like (G800HXXU1BOI2_G800HODD1BOI3_INU.tar.md5) and placed on the desktop of your PC.
8:- Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
9:- In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to completed.
10:- Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy S5 will be automatically rebooted.
10:- Disconnect the device from the PC after the home screen appears.
Done! You’ve installed the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G800R4VXU1BOI1 / G800HXXU1BOI2 stock build on the Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H / SM-G800R4 successfully.
In case of bootloop issue after the installation of this firmware:
- Remove the battery and put it back again.
- Boot to Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons altogether.
- In Recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” > select “Yes” to wipe all data.
- Select Reboot to System.
Let us know in the comments area below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this Android 5.1.1 stock Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy S5 Mini.