Today, we are sharing a detailed guide on how to install the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware on Samsung Galaxy A5. This Marshmallow update comes with build ID A500HXXU1CPHX in various countries for the Galaxy A5 SM-A500H variants.
As you know that currently Android Nougat is rolling out for all the latest smartphones and tablets and it is not magnificent news that makes Galaxy A5 users more happy by getting a Marshmallow update. But it’s still sufficient to make you feel better to get the latest Android OS version on your phone if your device is running on Android Lollipop. Once the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update is installed on your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H, you’ll be able to enjoy improved performance, enhanced security features and overall, a better experience. Also, you’ll get quick scrolling feature and search bar in the app drawer to find apps faster. One of the most amazing features is that you can Enable Google Now on tap by holding the Home button as well as manage apps permissions more efficiently.
If you are interested in installing Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500H then go ahead and follow the given guide to update your phone and enjoy much better battery performance with the new Doze and App Standby features.
This guide containing the Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy A5 SM-A500H. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-A500H.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500H during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy A5 SM-A500H USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the Galaxy A5 SM-A500H will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
It doesn’t matter if your country is not listed, still, you can install the Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy A5. But keep in mind that your phone must not be SIM-locked.
- Algeria: A500HXXU1CPH8_A500HOJV1CPH4_TMC.zip
- Saudi Arabia: A500HXXU1CPH8_A500HOJV1CPH4_WTL.zip
- Turkey: A500HXXU1CPH7_A500HTUR1CPH5_TUR.zip | Mirror
- South Africa: A500HXXU1CPH8_A500HOJV1CPH4_XFE.zip | Mirror
- Nigeria: A500HXXU1CPH2_A500HOXX1CPH1_ECT.zip | Mirror
- Egypt: A500HXXU1CPH8_A500HOJV1CPH4_EGY.zip | Mirror
- United Arab Emirates: A500HXXU1CPH8_A500HOJV1CPH4_LYS.zip | Mirror
- Iraq: A500HXXU1CPH8_A500HOJV1CPH4_MID.zip | Mirror
- Panama: A500HXXU1CPH5_A500HUUB1CPH4_TPA.zip | Mirror
- Uruguay: A500HXXU1CPH5_A500HUUB1CPH4_UPO.zip | Mirror
- Bangladesh: A500HXXU1CPH2_A500HSER1CPH2_BNG.zip
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A500H) to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and Odin v3.10.7 for Galaxy A5 SM-A500H on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step No 5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step No 6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step No 8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
Step No 10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the Galaxy A5 SM-A500H will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500H to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware update.