Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M has started getting the latest Official Marshmallow Android 6.0.1 OTA update. Finally, Samsung has announced the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy J7 SM-J700M. This latest update comes with build ID J700MUBS2BPI1. We always recommend updating your devices with the latest firmware. This most recent update is available via OTA (Over-the-air). So if this most recent update is not reached yet in your region then still you can install it manually in any area by using Odin app. By following this step by step guide, you can update your Galaxy J7 SM-J700M to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
This UBS2BPI1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update comes with various bug fixes and also bring tones of extra features, security and stability updates. Once, the phone is updated to this new Android OS, your Galaxy J7 you will get the DOZE Mode resulting in good battery life and much more. If you are interested in updating Galaxy J7 SM- J700M to official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official update some latest Features:
- Improvement in performance.
- Enhanced security features.
- Better battery management and performance through Doze and App Standby features.
- Quick scrolling feature and search bar in the app drawer.
- Enable Google Now on Tap by pressing and holding the Home button.
- Manage app permissions more efficiently.
- Many other tweaks and changes.
This guide containing the Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy J7 SM-J700M. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-J700M.
DroidGuides will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy J7 SM-J700M, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy J7 SM-J700M USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy J7 SM-J700M by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the Galaxy J7 SM-J700M will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Galaxy J7 SM-J700M, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Colombia: J700MUBU2BPK1_J700MUUB2BPJ1_COO.zip
- Trinidad and Tobago: J700MUBU2BPK1_J700MUUB2BPJ1_TTT.zip
- Paraguay: J700MUBU2BPK1_J700MZTO2BPK1_UPO.zip
- Bolivia: J700MUBU2BPK1_J700MZTO2BPK1_BVO.zip
- Ecuador: J700MUBU2BPK1_J700MZTO2BPK1_ECO.zip
- Download ODIN v3.10.7
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J700M) to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and Odin v3.10.7 for Galaxy J7 SM-J700M on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF your Galaxy J7 SM-J700M to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step No 5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step No 6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your Galaxy J7 SM-J700M. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step No 8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes
Step No 10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the Galaxy J7 SM-J700M will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700M to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware update.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question while updating your Galaxy J7 to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.