Android 7.0 Nougat is now live for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (SM-G935A / G930A). Samsung has officially announced the latest update based on stock Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Recently, the official update already released for these devices but that was a beta version. Now you can update your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to the latest Nougat OTA update via stock recovery. This firmware comes with build no G930AUCU4BQA6 and G935AUCU4BQA6 along with the latest security patch. This update comes with many new features and changes like many UI-related tweaks, performance improvements, bug fixes, new battery management feature for better battery, including revised quick settings, a newer multi-window implementation and much more. Samsung has rolled out this update via OTA so not all users can get the update at the same time. If the Android 7.0 Nougat update is not yet available in your region then still you can install it manually by using Odin app.
By following this step by step guide, you can update your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (SM-G935A / G930A) to Android 7.0 Nougat update. Odin is an official firmware flashing tool that allows you to flash any official firmware on Samsung devices. Android Nougat is an enormous update because it comes with a lot of new features and customization as well as the latest Android Nougat features. If you are interested in installing the Android 7.0 Nougat official update on your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (SM-G935A / G930A) then go ahead and follow the given steps.
G930AUCU4BQA6 and G935AUCU4BQA6 Official Firmware Features:
- The user interface has been revamped throughout.
- Performance is much faster now.
- Entirely new quick settings panel.
- New features in the phone and contacts apps.
- Enjoy better battery lifeNew battery management feature for better battery performance. Customizable presets for Medium power and Maximum power saving modes. The App Power Monitor detects inactive apps consuming the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Nougat’s split-screen feature lets you use two apps side by side.
- New effects and filters in the camera app. You can view the filters by swiping the screen from right to left when the camera app is open.
- Browse the web more securely and login websites using your fingerprint using the new Samsung Internet and Samsung Pass apps. You need not remember multiple login credentials for various sites as Samsung Pass securely stores your login details.
- Using the Performance Mode, you can now enjoy a better performance by choosing from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes to optimize battery consumption and improve device performance.
- The new keyboard is configured updates language data automatically and provide better predictions.
- You can now choose between QHD and full HD display resolution.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-G930A/G935A.
AndroidBlog will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G930A/G935A USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-J700F by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- G930AUCU4BQA6 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- G935AUCU4BQA6 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- ODIN v3.12.5
Steps to Update Samsung AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (SM-G930A/G935A) to Android 7.0 Nougat:
1: – First, download Android 7.0 Nougat and Odin v3.10.7 for AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A on the desktop of your PC.
2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
3: – Turn OFF your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A to boot into Download Mode.
4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone connects successfully.
7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes.
10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930A/G935A to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware update.